Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Emmie is not well. She acts like an old arthritic ill dog! She walks around with her tail down, and just acts not well. There seems to be a slight limp in the front too. To explain: she acts like an old person with Parkinson's. She has tremors when she stands still, and like a person with Parkinson's she 'freezes' sometimes. She is eating, pooping and peeing just fine. She just seems very depressed. I have a call into the vets and most likely will set up an appointment. This is the pup with atypical epilepsy. She is not having any panic attacks, which is why she is on phenobarbital. She only takes a small dose of that medicine. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The vet wants to see her. I have read a lot on line about tremors---maybe I shouldn't have googled it! Blood work for sure. Appointment is tomorrow at 3:00pm

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Prayers for Emmie. Please let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got good news! Emmie was feeling better today, but I still brought her in. The vet watched her walk---no limp today. No fever, nothing on px, BUT Emmie showed some pain along her back when the vet palpated her. She thinks that the wind, wet, and cold brought up some arthritis symptoms, and because Em 'doesn't do pain' well, she got all upset and depressed. Her little tail was up today most of the time. The vet gave me some DuraMax for a week. I'm relieved and I'm sure the 50 we had today helped. I don't know how the dog can tell the weather since both of mine are inside dogs!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Wonderful news!

·
Registered
117 Posts
So glad she's doing better.

I think it's the atmospheric pressure or something that affects arthritis--it runs in my people family and it didn't get any better when Mom had to get an electric wheelchair and couldn't hike her mile a day and more. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts