Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though the weather was not your typical beach weather, it was a little cold, rainy and windy, atleast the water was warm...we made the best of it and the fur kids had a great time and were so good.

Enjoying some beach time on the island.

The wild horses that roam free throughout the entire island.

Beautiful wildlife you encounter on the trails.

Eating lunch at Macky's in OC, MD. They actually had a menu just for dogs too.

Cute little shop we came across in historic part of Lewes, DE.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I bet you all had a great day, loving the photo of the chis of their surfboards haha. What are they like in the sea? Millie is a little wary she doesn't go in she just walk up to the edge and then when the tide comes close to her paws she runs away haha bless her.
The restaurant is amazing how they have a dog menu it's a shame there's nothing like this in England.
Did you get anything from the dog shop?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks like they really enjoyed themselves :). I'm taking Cuddles to Dewey Beach next month. I just hope she likes the beach. If I end up in Lewes, I'm going to have to check that pet store out :).
I went to Assateague Island quite a few years ago. It was so long ago, though, that I don't remember if I got to see the horses or not. I remember it was pretty cool, though.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Awe! Hi Indy and Carolina! I love all of the pictures. Looks like such a beautiful place. Despite the weather, looks like you guys had fun and made the best of it.
Carolina looks soooo beautiful in her Pariero and bb harness. And once again, I love the Wooflink bag. I hope you guys picked up some fun treats at that cute little pet shop too. Thanks for sharing 😊🐶

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh, now you are in my neck of the woods! I live just north of Lewes. That pups shop is a great place to visit. There is another wonderful store right on the main street in Rehoboth, De.
Hope you and the fur kids enjoyed your visit to our hidden treasure of a state, Delaware!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
ohhh, I love the beach !!! your pictures look wonderful :cool:. Carolina looks so cute snuggled up in the towel on the beach chair. Its great you can take the dogs right on the beach. most of the beaches near me in New Hampshire, Maine, and Cape cod don't allow dogs on the beach . maybe off season I think you can get away with it though and there may be just a few during the season but not many.
i'm curious if you bought anything in that Pet shop too . hehe
Love the wild horses pics and the wildlife pic.
and I also love the Pariero outfit on Carolina and she looks so cute in the WL bag

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
What a beautiful holiday you all had. Looks like the dogs had a blast too! What brand are the life vests? They look awesome and you found one to fit Carolina! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet you all had a great day, loving the photo of the chis of their surfboards haha. What are they like in the sea? Millie is a little wary she doesn't go in she just walk up to the edge and then when the tide comes close to her paws she runs away haha bless her.
The restaurant is amazing how they have a dog menu it's a shame there's nothing like this in England.
Did you get anything from the dog shop?
We did have a great few days. Both of mine are fine in the ocean, they are use to going in a swimming pool too so I think that helps that they don't have fear of the water when we're with them. Carolina will even turn around to break the surf when it comes in. It was so cute.

Haha, of course, I had to get a few things at the dog shop.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh wow, it look like you're having a great holiday. Despite the lack of sun, it looks like a beautiful place and I'm loving the wild horses! Very cute pictures of the dogs too. :)
Thanks Camille. I wish we would have picked the day or two after to go to that beach because it was beautiful then, but oh well. It was on the cooler side which did make it nice for Indy and Carolina and not getting over heated.

My favorite part was finding and watching all these wild horses scattered through out the whole island, one even walked right in front of our car.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like they really enjoyed themselves :). I'm taking Cuddles to Dewey Beach next month. I just hope she likes the beach. If I end up in Lewes, I'm going to have to check that pet store out :).
I went to Assateague Island quite a few years ago. It was so long ago, though, that I don't remember if I got to see the horses or not. I remember it was pretty cool, though.
I hope to see pictures of Cuddles at Dewey Beach. That is one beach we never went to yet in that area. For years we always went to Rehoboth or Bethany. I would definitely continue to go to Assateague, especially since it's a state park and they allow dogs year round on the beach.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Okay I'm totally convinced Carolina isn't even a dog she's literally a little teddy bear I'm actually dying from this cuteness. I showed my partner there and he was like thats a teddy she's way too cute. I love her! it looks like you guys had a smashing time looks so much fun, neeva loves the water I'd like to see her to that but I live in Scotland you can't even paddle in our water without your lips turning blue ha. Great pics!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awe! Hi Indy and Carolina! I love all of the pictures. Looks like such a beautiful place. Despite the weather, looks like you guys had fun and made the best of it.
Carolina looks soooo beautiful in her Pariero and bb harness. And once again, I love the Wooflink bag. I hope you guys picked up some fun treats at that cute little pet shop too. Thanks for sharing ����
Thanks Meoshia. We definitely made the best of it. Of course we got some fun treats at the shop. She had cookies in beach themed shapes so we had to get a few of those.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, now you are in my neck of the woods! I live just north of Lewes. That pups shop is a great place to visit. There is another wonderful store right on the main street in Rehoboth, De.
Hope you and the fur kids enjoyed your visit to our hidden treasure of a state, Delaware!
Well, we definitely love your neck of the woods. We have been going to the Rehoboth area for years, as my husbands Aunt lived on the bay until she passed away a couple years ago. We never went as far down as OCM just because of traffic, but this year we decided to stay in that area, but still had to go spend two days in DE. I was never to a pet shop on Main Street, so I'll have to search that out the next time we go.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ohhh, I love the beach !!! your pictures look wonderful :cool:. Carolina looks so cute snuggled up in the towel on the beach chair. Its great you can take the dogs right on the beach. most of the beaches near me in New Hampshire, Maine, and Cape cod don't allow dogs on the beach . maybe off season I think you can get away with it though and there may be just a few during the season but not many.
i'm curious if you bought anything in that Pet shop too . hehe
Love the wild horses pics and the wildlife pic.
and I also love the Pariero outfit on Carolina and she looks so cute in the WL bag
Thanks Elaina. Most of the beaches down there you can't take the dogs from May to Sept-Oct., Assateague is a state park and they let you take them year round. The wild horses were my favorite. Of course I had to buy some things at the shop, haha. They didn't carry any of the brand clothes I buy for the two but Carolina got a sun visor, Indy got a toy and they both got beach themed cookies. Then I got a Teddy the Dog tee and Chihuahua breed socks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts