Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I know! I read that on ninemsn this morning! Im torn between thinking its a miricle or thinking its terrible!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what worries me :-(

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That's what I wondered too. :(

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
OMG.. this is crazy. I can't imagine how that could've happened. I mean, I've witnessed plenty of euthanasias at work and the vet always confirms death using a stethoscope that the heart has completely stopped.. I can't imagine that the standard of care would be different anywhere else?? The only thing I can think of is that they didn't use enough of the drug; typically it's an overdose of anesthetic. So I understand if the dog appeared to have gone... But even so, the clinic should've confirmed the dog was truly passed before sending it home with the owner... this baffles and disturbs me. =(

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
OMG.. this is crazy. I can't imagine how that could've happened. I mean, I've witnessed plenty of euthanasias at work and the vet always confirms death using a stethoscope that the heart has completely stopped..
Exactly. They always check to make sure the heart has stopped. This just seems very bizarre..

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you read the comments? Someone on there said that this happened to a Beagle, they gave it enough to kill a Great Dane and it still didnt affect it? It acted as if nothing had even been injected into it? I am not sure if that is true or not but scary if so.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
OMG.. this is crazy. I can't imagine how that could've happened. I mean, I've witnessed plenty of euthanasias at work and the vet always confirms death using a stethoscope that the heart has completely stopped.. I can't imagine that the standard of care would be different anywhere else?? The only thing I can think of is that they didn't use enough of the drug; typically it's an overdose of anesthetic. So I understand if the dog appeared to have gone... But even so, the clinic should've confirmed the dog was truly passed before sending it home with the owner... this baffles and disturbs me. =(
That is the standard at our vet clinic as well, our vet listens to their heart and if it takes a few minutes for their heart to quit & quit having the vibrations he listens that long and doesn't pronounce them gone/dead until there are no more vibrations.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
That's so very sad. I wonder how often this happens???
That poor dog. I don't know if I could take her back in and have it done AGAIN! I'm just stunned. :(

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Gosh, how sad! :( It's terrible to go through something like that, but to have to do it again? That is just scary, and heart breaking. Very bizarre.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been hearing some of my Dane people talk about it and a few of them are vet techs and they have said that it happens more than you would think :-(

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I think this is a sign that she needs to have the surgery and be given a chance

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
That is just horrible, especially if it happens after the dog has been buried! OMG, I don't even want to think about that! I wonder if there is an update on this story. I would almost bet that donations came flooding in for the spinal surgery for this dog. The poor baby!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
This is too horrible to imagine, and my worst nightmare for my pets. I feel so sad and sorry for the poor dog. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts