Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We almost weren't able to get her yesterday because of road closings but my perseverance was successful! And here she is, Jolie's sister, Jenna!

Not a very good picture, but the only one i have at the moment:

And this was yesterday, right after we picked Jenna up. This pic is actually for the person who told me she grew up in Stephenville but i can't remember who it was! :?

Jenna is horribly thin. I'm so glad i was able to get her. Her coat is really slick and healthy looking though. I think she just needs some extra vittles. :lol: She is VERY shy and timid and so unsure of herself but she did run around and play with Jolie this morning. She seems content and that makes me happy. :D You know, i think Jolie realizes Jenna is kin to her. She has acted most different with her, it's hard to explain. Boomer was very ugly last night when we got home with Jenna. I thought i was going to have to fuss at him but he finally settled down this morning. I put her in the only crate i have left and went to bed. Ronnie and i were soooo tired. The 7 hours trip turned into almost 12 hours. We headed out around 10:30am. Things went well until we were nearly to Fort Worth and we ran into a traffic jam. Traffic was stopped for as far as the eye could see. My car was starting to over heat and i was freaking out over that. We had to turn off the air conditioner and even that didn't help. My car still was getting so HOT and we were burning up as well because it was 92F according to my car thermostat. After 30-40 minutes we finally illegally cut across the median and headed the other way. Ronnie was all for going back home and trying again today but i was whining big time that there HAD to be another route we could take to Stephenville. I called the breeder and she agreed that there was probably no other way. I insisted that we get a Texas map so we drove dang near back to Denton to a truck stop and bought a map. Ronnie looked at it and said "Nope, no other way". (He wasn't actually that nice because by now he was cranky and so was i for that matter :lol: ) I looked at the map and told him i thought we could get on 114 to 51 to 377 to 281 and still get there. So we did. We got there @4pm.

This time we saw the kennels where she keeps her dogs and they (the kennels) were actually pretty nice. She had the most adorable little long haired chi you ever saw in your life! Ronnie talked to her for an hour on kennels and breeding and she was very very nice and cordial. She gave us a lot of information on breeding, supplies and shipping. Anyway, we finally headed back home and got home almost 12 hours after we left. Whew! I am so glad to have my new baby home! :lol: Here's another couple of pics i just now took:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
aww lucky you! I bet you are so happy to have her! And i am sure Jolie likes it too!!! She does look like Jolie, they must have had beautiful parents!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
She does look like Jolie! I love their markings...I'm a little biased toward red and white chis though :lol: She is a bit on the skinny side, but I'm sure that can be remedied with a few good meals. She's a beautiful addition to your growing chi family!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rachael Polachek said:
Congratulations! :wave: Perseverence usually does pay off. Good for you (and St. Ronnie :lol: ). Jenna doesn't look thin to me... no more so than Lily. :? Anyway, I'm sure she'll thrive and flourish in your care. Lovely little girl, great ears.
She looks much heavier in the picture. You can't see that her hip bones stick out and her ribs have nothing but skin over them. But max was real thin in the same way and now 6 days later he has put on enough weight that he doesn't looks sickly. he still needs about 1/2 pound to be at a heatlthy weight but he looks so much better! I need to take new pics of him!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Aww, what a cutie pie she is.

Thanks for posting that pic of the sign for Stephenville. My mom was from there, and I spent a lot of time there at my grandparents when I was growing up.

I think there is still some distant family living there, but I haven't seen or heard from anyone in years. We used to have a family reunion there every summer until about 10 years ago, and I haven't been back since then. When the older members of the immediate family passed away, the family seemed to lose contact. The younger members just don't seem to have the sense of family closeness that the older members did. A shame really.

Congrats on your new baby. :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chimom said:
Aww, what a cutie pie she is.

Thanks for posting that pic of the sign for Stephenville. My mom was from there, and I spent a lot of time there at my grandparents when I was growing up.

I think there is still some distant family living there, but I haven't seen or heard from anyone in years. We used to have a family reunion there every summer until about 10 years ago, and I haven't been back since then. When the older members of the immediate family passed away, the family seemed to lose contact. The younger members just don't seem to have the sense of family closeness that the older members did. A shame really.

Congrats on your new baby. :D
Ahh,,it was you! I told Ronnie that i had to take that picture for someone on Chi-people! :toothy4: You're welcome! :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Awww, welcome to your new home Jenna!! Is Jolie excited to have her sister with her?

Yeah, I can see in that picture that there is a bit too much definition around the base of the rib cage. Looks nice and healthy otherwise though. Glad you were able to get out there after all!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Woohoo!! You shoulda called me... I could have told you how to get there. :lol:

She's beautiful... I'm glad you finally got her home.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chimommy said:
Awww, welcome to your new home Jenna!! Is Jolie excited to have her sister with her?

Yeah, I can see in that picture that there is a bit too much definition around the base of the rib cage. Looks nice and healthy otherwise though. Glad you were able to get out there after all!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know, i never would have thought it but there is every indication that they recognize each other. Not at first, but on the way home, Jolie let Jenna sit in my lap with her and i thought that was a little out of character for Jolie because she is very possessive. But the way they are playing together and interacting now, i am certain they recognize each other as littermates.
I know that when my hubby was in the military so many years ago, there was a span of 1 1/2 yrs between the times i saw my mom's chis and they always remembered me. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts