Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed for the past three weeks, Midgie kept rubbing her eyes & ears. Last night when we went to bed, I was listening to her breath and she sounded like she had a little congestion. I've been asking my hubby to feel her head as it's felt slightly warmer than usual to me, but not feverish. I've also been suspecting she's had a sore throat. All of these symptoms, everyone in the house has been suffering all winter with & of course, Midgie demands her loving and cuddles, so guess what...?
Finally brought her to vet today. Gave her 2 different antibiotics and eye cream.

It's hard not to love on her when she wants loving all the time. lol
Soooooooooooo READY for Spring so everyone can start drying out from feeling so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You know, I've noticed that Paco has had very runny eyes the last few weeks and was considering changing his food, but maybe he has a cold. He also sits in front of the heater and just lets all the hot air blow on him I'm wondering if is drying out his eyes? He is not rubbing them though, and I hate to take his heater away.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Midgie is always on my lap under the covers between my legs. Maybe you should put a little shirt on him. I knew Midgie had a cold but couldn't think of anything to give her that would be safe. I'm glad I went with my instinct and took her to the vet. She doesn't have the green mucuousy, wet nose that you would look for. She looks totally normal, but I could tell by the way she was acting & I'm glad the vet looked in her mouth at her throat. Her eyes are a little puffy too.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
This weather does it everytime! Come on spring. My poor Bu boy has been suffering with his allergies. But it's nothing that some good warm sunny days won't cure. :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You know, I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed Gracie seeming a bit congested when she first gets up in the morning. She appears to feel fine the rest of the day, but I wonder if I should take her to the vet.

Hope you all get to feeling better soon! We've had really erratic weather here...Freezing cold and snowy, then unseasonably warm...No wonder we're all sick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts