Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Chihuahua lovers, so I was wondering if my little Evies eyes are going to stay green??? Shes 12weeks and 3 days old.

Administrator
They might stay green. Most chocolate based dogs have pale eyes, often they start out green and get more yellow as the dog ages, ending up amber or hazel. Lilacs being dilute chocolates are more likely to have pale eyes as adults. If you Google Weimeraners, which are genetically lilac, you can see some of the amazing eye colours that lilac dogs can have.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Stella! Either way they looks truely amazing! I've always liked weimeraners , used to have a vizsla as a little kid. I looked at some pictures they really do have some amazing eye colors. I'm sure Evie's eyes will be gorgeous no matter what. Only other thing I was wondering then is by what age will we see her true eye color? Maybe 1year?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Administrator
I have a chocolate and tan puppy, he had green eyes as a baby, but they were quite amber by the time he was around 10/12 weeks old. He is 7 months now and they have stayed the same since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts