Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is probably something here somewhere about how to get the urine smell out of carpet, but I'm too lazy to look sorry. I've had Pepper since June and I've already cleaned the carpets with the Hoover steam vac 3 times and it's still there. I tried training him on the potty pads, but he just tare them to shreds when I wasn't home so I've now got the smell to deal with. Help. I need to know if there are any good products you have tried here in the USA.

Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I always use white vinegar to neutralize odors. The best thing is that it is inexpensive (cheap)
I know some of the members swear by Natures Miracle, but I have not every tried that.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
problem is that if sometimes it isnt cleaned and dried right away and you have floor boards it soaks right through the carpet into the wood and obviously turns damp etc - definaTELY HERAD GOOD THINGS ABOUT VINEGAR

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
quikdog said:
I always use white vinegar to neutralize odors. The best thing is that it is inexpensive (cheap)
I know some of the members swear by Natures Miracle, but I have not every tried that.
I'm curious, how do you use the vinegar?

I use Nature's Miracle (or a generic brand, they work the same). But it's very important to treat the area as soon as it happens (or as soon as you step in it :) ). Like Clare said it can soak through.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I use straight hydrogen peroxide. It gets the smell and the stain up off of carpets. A carpet cleaner told me that trick. :)

Just don't let your pup drink the peroxide. That's also used to induce vomiting. When I first got Cody he licked it up when I went to get a paper towel and then I was cleaning up throw up. :roll: Plus I felt so sorry for him. :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Shanna I also heard about Natures Miracle -but they dont sell it here :lol:
so with the smell I use "Water + some vinegar + some bleach" formula :lol:
I read it on some web-site...
First I clean the spot of accident, then spray some of this stuff and wipe with a paper-towel a bit. Vinegar makes them sneeze :wink: so she will not even try to come to that spot again, and the same I do if I notice that she is trying to chew the furniture

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But won't the house smell like Vinegar then? I hate that smell. But I'm up to trying it. The house is starting to smell so bad I'm embarrased to invite people over.

Will the Vinegar work on spots that have been there awhile?

I tired using puppy pads for Pepper, but the little turkey kept taring them up all the time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Whoa! I went to Petsmart today and Looked at a semi-big good size thing of it and its 35 bux!! So exspencive!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Shanna said:
But won't the house smell like Vinegar then? I hate that smell. But I'm up to trying it. The house is starting to smell so bad I'm embarrased to invite people over.

Will the Vinegar work on spots that have been there awhile?

I tired using puppy pads for Pepper, but the little turkey kept taring them up all the time.
You could get a puppy pad holder if he is tearing them up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I sop up pee-pee accidents immediately with a towel, and stand on it for a good 20 seconds, then clean the carpet with a vinegar solution, and top it off with some febreeze. Oh, and for any of you who are potty training, and have poo-poo accidents and want to get rid of the bad smell after they do it, get the new Febreeze Air Effects spray, I like the purple one "spring renewal". It takes the bad smell out of the air almost immediately.

·
Registered
763 Posts
For stains I use Zout, laundry stain remover. Then I clean with vinegar and some times oxyclean in the steamer and the generic of natures miracle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts