Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cody has turned into a barker! :shock: He barks at EVERYTHING! Is there anything I can do about it?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco started barking at random people/dogs. Not all strangers but some of them. I have him wearing the gentle leader head collar and it has worked wonders. I recommend that you read up on it and consider it. :) Good luck!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! That looks like a great tool for outside. Cody mainly barks inside. He is able to see out because we have windows on either side of our front door. I would hate to have to cover those up. :?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
keeks started barking a few months ago, ive just discouraged it as much as possible making it clear to her that i dont like it. its not really a good idea to shout NO! tho as tehy think your joining in :lol: . I usualy distract her from it say no firmly but quitely and give her a mean look:)
every time she returns to barking i pick her up and get her to focus in me not the noise
so farits bin working (touch wood)
mia
x

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mia said:
keeks started barking a few months ago, ive just discouraged it as much as possible making it clear to her that i dont like it. its not really a good idea to shout NO! tho as tehy think your joining in :lol: . I usualy distract her from it say no firmly but quitely and give her a mean look:)
every time she returns to barking i pick her up and get her to focus in me not the noise
so farits bin working (touch wood)
mia
x
Mia you are so right about shouting NO! I never realized that before until you said it. LOL! I'll try your other suggestion! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think so Emurr. They are absolutely in love with each other.
To me he is acting like a teenage boy. :roll: I think he's trying to rule the roost and protect his women. 8) Maybe he will calm down a bit after he is nuetured.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been trying to get bella to stop barking at every little noise, stranger, and movement but she continues to do it. She knows when I say no that she should stop, but she'll just look sneaky and bark again then look at me. I'll try to hold her mouth shut and quietly but firmly say no but it hasnt really worked. i wish she didnt bark so much cause i miss taking her everywhere with me like i used to. now she makes too much of a scene to go unnoticed or to be allowed where she doesnt belong. :( Boogaloo, the gentle leader works for you? how big is bosco? wondering if i could get bella one then we could at least have more peaceful walks.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yup it is working great for Bosco - the second it is put on him he is a totally different dog. He is 5 pounds. They have very small sizes at our PetSmart. If you do get one, I recommend having a vet or trainer properly fit it for you because in order for it to fit perfectly, it will look like it is TOO tight. Also your Chi will probably freak out the first time it is put on - they are obsessed with getting it off and it is nice to have someone knowledgable with you the first time or two so you know they are reacting normally. At least it was with me, but maybe I am just too paranoid. LOL Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts