Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Chi, Candy has always been a "licker". Her first owner didn't train her very well on the whole not licking people nonstop part but over the years we have got it under control. I know all dogs lick and for many different reasons and Chi's are also known for being very "licky" dogs. But over the past few months Candy will wake me up in the middle of the night and I find her licking my legs. Nonstop. I tell her quit, no, stop. no licking, snapping my fingers and giving her a very light boop on the head. The usual for what used to work. She won't stop you have to like fight her off. She does the same to my boyfriend and he is a much heavier sleeper and she could and would if she hasn't already lick his legs for hours. It's weird that it's our legs. During the day it isn't so bad. If she sits in my lap sometimes she will try to lick at my legs but it's much easier to deal with when your not half asleep and she doesn't seem so obsessive like she does at night. I just don't get it. Any ideas or does my dog just have a weird excessive leg licking fetish? :nthink:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Mine like to lick my hands. Mostly before they go to sleep. The only thing I can suggest is a separate bedroom for the chi. Or a playpen/crate for your room.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She has always slept in bed with me and if I put her in a different room or locked her out she would whine and cry all night and since I live in an apartment I don't think my neighbors would like that to much. She likes to like everything also floor, walls, couch, bed but when it comes to me I just can't explain how excessive and obsessive it is. Wake up and the bed is soaked from her licking us and the bed. Kind of grosses me out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts