Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So mostly Reba seems to be going the right direction with her parvo recovery. But we still have some diarrhea and in the last 12-14 hrs, she has developed a sizable amount of edema in her belly. I am again home from work waiting for the vet's office to open. I am so hoping that this just indicates her SQ fluids are excessive at this point, and not that her kidneys are having problems. Any experience anyone?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, just got back from vet's office. They do think it is just excessive SQ fluids, but now I have lost that way to get glucose into her. I just have to keep working with her taking pedialyte with honey and nutrical, etc. This is a stressful roller coaster. I wish she would start eating better.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I do hope she pulls through! I have to commend ya'll for taking such excellent care of her! :) She is a cutie!
Sandra

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know exactly what your situation is but Princess was deathly ill when I first got her from an extended case of coccidia. When she was in the hospital the vets were freaking out because she wouldn't eat anything, no wet food, no baby food, I mean nothing. I did several searches on the internet and someone said they had given their very sick puppy boiled chicken breast. I made some and rushed to the vets in the middle of the night and for the first time in a long time she chomped down. That was all she would eat for quite a while but it was better than nothing! I hope this helps and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Take Care,
Zora and Princess

·
Registered
251 Posts
chicken breast also was the only thing what Richie ate when he was sick. It didn't get so serious with him though. Be strong and we hope it will get better soon!

Richie's mom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts