Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that i am very unhappy with my appearence since Ive gained weight so I think that Im ready to do something about it & am looking for a exercise buddy suport system. Any one willing to join in? Swimsuit season is comming on fast!!

I havent gotten much of a start yet & am having issues commiting so I though if we posted how long we worked out of how many miles weve done it migh help motivate me to stick with it.

I am doing the Leslie Sansone (I think thats spelled right) walk away your waist line walk at home exercise dvds & have so far done 1 mile.

Ok whos next?

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
I do need to tone up. So I will join you. :)
I'm so lazy when it comes to exercise. But I want to look good for the summer.

How to start?
Should we tell each other every week how much we lost?

BTW good job on the 3 miles. Keep it going. :hello1:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Nice job! Keep up the good work. I gained some weight a couple years ago and started really walking it off last year. My husky is my walking buddy and motivator. On days when I just don't feel like it, I look at him staring at me with those big blue eyes waiting for his walk and that gets me going. :)

I walk 2 miles two to three times a day. Since I started my exercise routine 7 months ago, I've lost 16 lbs (went from 116 lbs to 100 lbs) and dropped from a size 6-8 pant size down to a size 1-3. All that from walking so it definitely works and I am continuing to walk daily.

Count me in! I'm not here to lose anymore but I want to keep on top of my weight and love the idea of a buddy/support system! Keep it up!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Updates on the progress? I find these things work even better if you can be held accountable. ;)

I am lazy today and only did 2 miles this morning, blew off my afternoon walk and bad me, had a bar of chocolate for a snack. I don't plan on an evening walk either...but hey, it's a holiday weekend.

Either of you have a Wii Fit? I find it wonderful for keeping me and my husband accountable for our fitness.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I havent been on in days to post my progress my internet has been down.

I have done a total of 10 miles since I havent posted I havent lost any weight yet but I havent gained any either.

I was told that I should measure myself because I would be gaining muscle at first so I shouldnt be going by numbers but by measurement instead.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Nice job! Keep it up!

I agree, you might actually gain before you lose because you'll probably be gaining muscle at the same time you're burning calories and fat. And since muscle is heavier than fat a slight gain might happen. At least you're aware of that and it shouldn't get you discouraged if it happens. Do you have a scale that measures body fat percentage (I think that's what it is, maybe I'm wrong)?

I'm helping my husband lose weight by exercising with him and motivating him and since he does a lot of muscle building exercises he's been gaining weight but he does appear (visually) to be thinning a bit. ;)

I've been lazy today, I walked two miles this morning, half a mile this afternoon, and another half mile this evening. I meant to do 2 miles this evening but Faith (my chi) was tired so I cut it short for her. ...I know, I know! Blame it on the dog! lol It's true though! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went on my sons school field trip today to an animal zoo so that was all the exercise I got today by the time I got home I just wanted to go to bed & recover from the day.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Walking the zoo is definitely draining, sounds like fun though! I pulled something in my back yesterday when I lifted six gallons of water from the store cart into my car. Walking today was torture, but I did 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the evening...for the dogs.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Good job you guys! You definetly motivated me to take a walk later tonight with my husband and the chi's. I don't know about doing 2 or 3 miles, but I'll get there and do what I can. :) I'm doing the Atkins diet.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
What are power plates?

By the way, anyone have the new EA Sports Active game for the Wii? We bought it the day it came out and love it! It gives a really good workout and makes the Wii Fit totally pale in comparison. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
you don't have to buy the maching. they have classes in most major cities with like 5 people in them and then the instructure tells you which poses to get into. it costs £10/ $15 for 45 mins.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
How much is the Active Sport game? Do I need to buy any extra special things for it? Do I need the Wii balance board for it?

I'm in desperate need of weight loss, and I have a Wii, but I quickly discovered I could easily sit while just using my arm to play tennis, baseball, or golf.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I havent updated this in awhile (not really sure why) just thought Id share that Ive lost 3 lbs. & am starting to feel better about myself Im walking the dogs almost everyday (its been raining like crazy) & doing my walking dvds. Ive alos tried to cut back on Coke & Pepsi & drink water that has been the hardest for me.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Great job! Keep it up. I know it's hard to knock the sodas. I used to drink at least two 20 oz bottles of Mtn Dew a day. I've cut that out and drink Kool Aid now (since I can't stand to drink unflavored water).

1 - 20 of 98 Posts