Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much exercise do you give your chi ( chi's ) ??
my lad is 9 months old and goes out for two walks a day each
about 20 mins ( unless it's very hot / cold or raining )

( he does spend loads of time running around in my garden too )

Sara xx :)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
My girls get a half hour walk twice a day....unless it is too hot or the weather is just crummy

If the weather is cool enough they will go for an hour walk twice a day...but I always keep a bottle of water for them and give them rests (lots of fields by me so we just sit down and relax). I always watch my girls and I only walk as far as they will tolerate...some days they can go an hour and some days they only go 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
You know...now that I think of it...Gizmo has never been out on a "walk" :shock:

I have this weird phobia of him getting his paws dirty in some foreign substance...LOL

However he runs around outside (I have a huge yard) in and out all day...and inside he is still running around...he is really hyper :D

Maybe soon he'll go for a walk...it's just so darn hot here...I might take him to the beach this evening...after the mosquitos go away... :?

That might be nice, me, Gizzie, and hubby... :wave:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Yeah now that its hot I try to go early in the morning before work (about 6am) and then in the evening...but the past couple days it has been 90 degrees when I get home and way to darn hot.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Tinker said:
We go for a walk most evenings when it's a bit cooler and he's gotten to where he'll hop on the treadmill with me some and that with the zoomies seems to be keeping him fit and trim.
Did you know they actually sell treadmills specifically for dogs (in two different sizes)? I looked into it a couple years ago before I found Lily's daycare. I was afraid she wasn't getting enough exercise when she was home alone all day and I was too stinkin' tired to play with her at night. Turned out the thing was ridiculously expensive and I just knew it would scare the heck out of Lily anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I had no idea! I don't think I could have ever gotten Marcus on one specifically for dogs anyway. He was afraid of mine for ages and then one day he decided if Mom could he would try it. He hopped on and immediately hopped off but he slowly got used to it.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I am glad this subject was brought I am sometimes worried Auggie doesn't get enough exercise but it sounds like he is about the same as others. A 25-30 min walk every morning. It's his big walk cause it is up and down hills and wears me out. A 10 min pee/walk at about 10:30 and 2:30. Pool time 4-6 where he ambles about half of that time unless the kids are at the pool and then he runs some. I always wet him down with the hose for pool time befause I am afraid he wil get too hot :lol: Oh and about 10 mins worth of zoomies as soon as we come in

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
mine are in and out all day in the yard. if it werent for them I wouldnt get any exercise having to get up and go in and out with them lol :D . I was told by the vet when Lady couldnt take her monthly tabs for squitos n such not to let her out at night

1 - 15 of 15 Posts