Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
To quote Krystal, WOO HOO!!!!!!! I am thrilled for both of you!!! :D You will be a fantastic mom, and as Stella said, don't let worry take away from this experience--enjoy every minute of it! As far as the nursery, I totally agree that Hollywood glam and rustic can be blended beautifully! It brings to mind shabby chic to me. I love the thought of rustic woods mixed with opulent fabrics, an ornate/jeweled mirror on one wall, and the perfect wimsy picture found at an antique shop and framed with a great rustic frame, mercury glass jars for baby toiletries...OMG, make me stop! lol
Thank you so much Tina! We are trying to enjoy it, but I've had pretty severe nausea and dizziness since about 5 or 6 weeks. We found out at 4 weeks and I was like being pregnant feels great!! Ha!! Wrong!
Should I sent you airline tickets to come and help me decorate the nursery please????? :)

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I didn't have a proper bump until I was about 6 months gone, I just lost my waist. I wanted to get a T-Shirt with 'I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!' on it lol I was absolutely enormous by the end though, no way I could have hidden that bump.
Have you thought if any names yet?
Hmmmmm maybe I need one of those shirts too!! My mom keeps saying I'm losing weight in my face but I think it's because the rest of me is growing, especially my chest!! Omg!!!
If it's a girl I have my heart set on Anastasia (ah-nah-sta-see-ya), it's a serbian name and we can call her Stassi for short! And then for boys we love Mason Luka and Liam Ashton! But this may change 100 times until then!

My best friend Pam is also pregnant and she is due March 28th w a baby girl, she didn't have a bump til 6 months either, matter of fact she just recently told her work she was prego!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wasn't able to wear ANY maternity clothes! Zorana, I'm not wishing you a huge weight gain, but I sure hope you get to!! There are some really super fun ones! My friends bought me one that said "this is what happens when you swallow a watermelon seed!" But I had no bump. I was super sick the entire time though--the Duchess of Cambridge didn't invent horrible sickness, lol!

I think we should have a poll for us to guess the gender!!!
A poll would be so much fun! And I'll need to ask baby name opinions too!
Oh I already know I'm gonna need maternity clothed eventually! I gain weight so easily with my thyroid!!

I have seen some adorable clothes at this store in Oak Brook called A pea in the pod that I love! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
A poll would be so much fun! And I'll need to ask baby name opinions too!
Oh I already know I'm gonna need maternity clothed eventually! I gain weight so easily with my thyroid!!

I have seen some adorable clothes at this store in Oak Brook called A pea in the pod that I love! :)
I am hypothyroid! They think that's part of the reason I had to have my gallbladder removed at 38 weeks!! It was super bad. I wish that on nobody!!! As long as you continue to gain, and not more than that recommended 25lbs you should probably be okay though! I lost weight-- I weighed only about 120 pounds pregnant and I'm 5'8!!! I couldn't keep food down.

Are you planning a regular hospital birth? Water birth? Home birth? Okay, now I'm probably getting creepy with my questions, lol. But Jeff and I are planning on adding another little one to our family next year and I'm already thinking ahead! (Giggles)
-Sunshine

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I am hypothyroid! They think that's part of the reason I had to have my gallbladder removed at 38 weeks!! It was super bad. I wish that on nobody!!! As long as you continue to gain, and not more than that recommended 25lbs you should probably be okay though! I lost weight-- I weighed only about 120 pounds pregnant and I'm 5'8!!! I couldn't keep food down.

Are you planning a regular hospital birth? Water birth? Home birth? Okay, now I'm probably getting creepy with my questions, lol. But Jeff and I are planning on adding another little one to our family next year and I'm already thinking ahead! (Giggles)
-Sunshine
LOL @ getting creepy with your questions. I also want to know everything. EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Thank you so much Tina! We are trying to enjoy it, but I've had pretty severe nausea and dizziness since about 5 or 6 weeks. We found out at 4 weeks and I was like being pregnant feels great!! Ha!! Wrong!
Should I sent you airline tickets to come and help me decorate the nursery please????? :)
Hot dog!! I'm waiting on my plane ticket, and in-between decorating we'll work on relieving that yucky morning sickness. :)

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

-Sunshine
Omg you had to have surgery at 3 weeks? ????? I would have died!! Your poor thing! I bet you were in so much pain! I'm making sure my dr checks my tsh and free t4 every 4 weeks to try and stay on top of it, I'm lucky one of my best friends is a physician at my hospital so I just bug him all the time! I actually have to have it drawn tomorrow, it was elevated 4 weeks ago (1st check since we found out) so I'm curious to see what it is now that we increased my dose by 30%.
Oh wow you were a tiny little thing!! I'm hoping to breastfeed after baby is here so that should help with weight loss.

That's so exciting ur thinking of adding a new addition! We are doing a hospital birth, I think just regular in the bed and probably with a epidural but I'm not 100% on that yet. I did see they offer water birth in this ginormous jacuzzi tub.
My mom and step dad have in inground pool and keep joking I'm gonna do a flip or a toe touch and baby is gonna come flying out, LOL!!

What are your plans for birth?? How did you do your first one?

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hot dog!! I'm waiting on my plane ticket, and in-between decorating we'll work on relieving that yucky morning sickness. :)
Sold!!! How fun would that be??? I've been taking this new morning sickness medication called diclegis, it's only fda approved category A drug for nausea. It's been working pretty well, makes getting through my work day possible!
I keep looking on pinterest for nursery ideas! It's addicting!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was zofran all. the. way. The oral disintegrating tablets. And flat surfaces.

Ginger laughed at my puking. Tea thought it was funny to come out of my nose twelve minutes after I drank it. All those organic sour "just for new moms" candies and gummies and bars??? Ha. Ha, I tell you!

I got to have the cholecystectomy and not have a cesarean, although they were pushing for it. It helped that I, too, worked at my hospital and had a bit of clout. Things were so much better after the surgery. I went on to deliver my perfect little sweetie right on my due date!
I had to be in the hospital because I was still fresh from surgery.
(Total tmi--but I breastfed for 2 years and still do la leche league consults and help with any and all issues. I'd gladly help you troubleshoot if you needed it!)

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was zofran all. the. way. The oral disintegrating tablets. And flat surfaces.

Ginger laughed at my puking. Tea thought it was funny to come out of my nose twelve minutes after I drank it. All those organic sour "just for new moms" candies and gummies and bars??? Ha. Ha, I tell you!

I got to have the cholecystectomy and not have a cesarean, although they were pushing for it. It helped that I, too, worked at my hospital and had a bit of clout. Things were so much better after the surgery. I went on to deliver my perfect little sweetie right on my due date!
I had to be in the hospital because I was still fresh from surgery.
(Total tmi--but I breastfed for 2 years and still do la leche league consults and help with any and all issues. I'd gladly help you troubleshoot if you needed it!)
Oh yes I have the morning ginger tea at home as well and it didn't do much for me at all! I also tried zofran once and I ended up in the ER a few days later very "backed up!" I was not a happy camper!

I totally want to breastfeed if I can! In pharmacy school, I learned it was the single best thing you can do for your baby, but I know lots of women who didn't produce milk or it was just too painful but I'm determined to do it!

Guess what??? I went to bed last night as usual and then woke up with....
A baby BUMP! I was shocked! Sent a pic to my husband this morning and he was like "oh wow!!!"
So it looks like I'm gonna be shopping a lot this weekend! !

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Zorana, Be sure to find your local LaLeche to help with breastfeeding. There's so much misinformation out there that even the most well meaning people can sabotage your success breastfeeding. The baby formula companies spend millions spreading misinformation to sell more formula. You CAN nurse and work or go to school full time, I know, I did and I never pumped or gave bottles either. The first 6 weeks its harder to breastfeed, then after that it's so much easier to nurse than mess with formula. Those new hands free pumps are awesome. Well, that will definitely be TMI for some folks, lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yay baby bump!!! And shopping! Get that registry started, lol!

Breast is really best for baby, but as long as you try your hardest(succeed or not), that's all that matters. I've had patients of mine that needed to stop/couldn't get off to a great start no matter what they tried or the intervention they received. And that doesn't make them failures--they tried. But in the end, even bottle feeding your infant formula can be done naked skin to naked skin and be a wonderful bond.

La leche league is great support! I'm still mentoring some of my mothers--through successive pregnancies!! That's how good of a bond you will build. It's awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Zorana, Be sure to find your local LaLeche to help with breastfeeding. There's so much misinformation out there that even the most well meaning people can sabotage your success breastfeeding. The baby formula companies spend millions spreading misinformation to sell more formula. You CAN nurse and work or go to school full time, I know, I did and I never pumped or gave bottles either. The first 6 weeks its harder to breastfeed, then after that it's so much easier to nurse than mess with formula. Those new hands free pumps are awesome. Well, that will definitely be TMI for some folks, lol.
Thanks for the info! I didn't realize LaLeche was an actual place, I thought it was a website, lol. I am going to try my best. I know lots of pharmacists who pump at work on break so that shouldn't be a problem for me. No surprise the formula companies would do that, just trying to put more money in their pockets!! :(

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yay baby bump!!! And shopping! Get that registry started, lol!

Breast is really best for baby, but as long as you try your hardest(succeed or not), that's all that matters. I've had patients of mine that needed to stop/couldn't get off to a great start no matter what they tried or the intervention they received. And that doesn't make them failures--they tried. But in the end, even bottle feeding your infant formula can be done naked skin to naked skin and be a wonderful bond.

La leche league is great support! I'm still mentoring some of my mothers--through successive pregnancies!! That's how good of a bond you will build. It's awesome.
I know, I need to start the registry asap! I've been reading up on strollers and carseats like 24/7! I've fallen in love with this Dutch brand called Nuna, nordstrom sells it. I hope I can register there as one of my stores!
Can I ask what you do? I was reading you have patients so I was thinking MD or NP?
I just found out we can do a 3d ultrasound at 15-16 weeks for gender reveal, I thought we had to wait til 20 weeks for sure. Now I'm super excited about that!
I'm definitely going to look into that group, thank you so much for all of your info, I greatly appreciate it!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts