Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eurgh, spiders would be worse, I give you that one! The other down side is that there are now tons of nose prints and smears all along my patio door!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basil has just been very, very ill :( very watery poop everywhere and my goodness does it smell, our first ever experience of doggie diarreah. I wormed him yesterday, same wormer and dose we have always used (Milbemax for puppies) so my head is telling me it must be that as it is far too quick for the flies to have affected him. He has never had a reaction to the milbemax before, but this was ordered from petmeds rather than purchased from our vets.

Boo to me for saying "I hope it doesn't make him ill"! I have given him a teaspoon of probiotic yogurt and a teaspoon of pumpkin as I know he is good with both of those. He is not interested in drinking any water though :(

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Pumpkin should do the trick, I would try getting some water in him, i sometimes leave a glass of ice and water out, sometimes when they think they are stealing it they will drink...worth a try. Also the pumpkin will push out any worms still in him so be prepared for a total gross out

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's odd isn't it? Basil is wormed on the 13th of every month and this is the 4th month we've done it, we have never had any side effects or seen any signs of him passing worms, so maybe this is finally him passing them or maybe his tummy was just feeling delicate? We have a heartwork epidemic here at the moment and Milbemax protects against heart worm if given monthly so I was thinking of keeping him on it, but now I am not so sure. Big sigh!

BTW I love the idea of letting him think he is cheekily getting some of my water, that is right up Basil alley! He always wants what you have

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
It's odd isn't it? Basil is wormed on the 13th of every month and this is the 4th month we've done it, we have never had any side effects or seen any signs of him passing worms, so maybe this is finally him passing them or maybe his tummy was just feeling delicate? We have a heartwork epidemic here at the moment and Milbemax protects against heart worm if given monthly so I was thinking of keeping him on it, but now I am not so sure. Big sigh!

BTW I love the idea of letting him think he is cheekily getting some of my water, that is right up Basil alley! He always wants what you have
Did he have it close to a meal? Might be worth a shot to make sure he has some food in his tummy first. Hope he feels better soon!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did he have it close to a meal? Might be worth a shot to make sure he has some food in his tummy first. Hope he feels better soon!

Yep, he has it hidden in treats then he has his lunch straight away. Thankfully he doesn't seem out of sorts but we have cancelled today's walk and we are chilling on the sofa instead:) Oh and there are extra puppypads everywhere! Just in case!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I hope Basil feels better soon!

Cricket season is starting here. I hate cricket season because they are everywhere and Jaxx loves to chase them. He has gotten a few last year and it grossed me out majorly but it didn't seem to bother him.

It is so weird because in WV where I grew up you might see a couple crickets a year and my grandma used to insist it was bad luck to kill them. I moved to TX and they are everywhere and Jaxx has an obsession with them.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We've been so fortunate, this is the first time he has been sick or had an upset tummy. He seems to be handling it well, he is still playing for shorts bursts etc. Managed to get some water into him too. His stools are looking awful though :( I have bagged some up incase we need to go to the vet and (Sorry to be graphic) there is all this white squishy stuff in it, like a big ball of chewed up chewing gum, it seems to be one mass and not lots of little bits like a tapeworm would be. Confused.com!

And we had a new Buddy Belt to model for you all today - still, it will be a nice treat for when he is feeling better :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts