Chihuahua People Forum banner

eye injury

4K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  Dragonfly 
#1 · (Edited)
We came home last night to find that lola and quark decided to get up on the dinningroom table ( I have no idea how) and steal the package of treats I bought them we found the package all ripped up in the dog cave and all over the couch. Also inside the treats there was a package that said do not consume they ripped that apart too and that was all over the inside of the dog bed it looks like black soil. Anyways Lola was squinting and her eye was really watery so I picked her up and held her under the light to look at it she has 3 scratches in her eye they are kinda swirly they look like hair stuck to her eye so I rinsed her eye out and just cuddled with her all night. As soon as it hit 8am I called the vet we are going in at 320 ugh I wish it was sooner I'm so worried today her eye is all swollen and has white stuff coming out of it and she won't even let me touch it.... I'm hoping they can fix It and I'm really hoping she dosnt have to have surgery :s ill update you all as soon as I can

See less See more
#9 ·
I hope you are at the vet now! Give us an update when you get back. After Brody's eye problems, that is one thing I never wait on. Eyes can go downhill so fast.

#15 ·
Hey everyone...
We just got home. I had to take lola to the petstore to get her a little treat first. So they put drops in her eye they help with irritation and freeze the eye a little then they did a eye flo dye test which showed a chunck missinging they say she has a cornial ulcer which should heal up. She is on metacam, ciloxan and has tear gel and for the next 24 to 36 hrs. I have to put drops in her eyes alternating with the ciloxan they drew her blood and spun it out and I have to put 2 drops of that in as well its going to be a long day day and a half but so worth it if she will heal up good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.