Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Tequila is my baby, my boy, the light of my life- buuut I also know him like the back of my hand.

So at first I wasn't worried last night when my finacee and I sat down to dinner at about 9:30 pm and he sat next to me on the floor begging with his right eye looking sort of closed, especially since if he thought he was getting food, the eye would be fine- open fully/didn't seem aggitated at all so that made me think that he was hamming it up. Like I said, I know him like the back of my hand and sometimes he does that- pretend some random part of him is bothering him/hurt to get pitty treats, as soon as he sees them coming though he always blows his cover and acts fine.

Usually, though, he will continue to act fine through out the night (because usually he is fine, like i said he is usually faking it) so I felt like a big jerk later on we were playing video games and I glanced over at him (probably around 10:30pm) he was sort of falling asleep and (he always looks at me while hes falling asleep) his right eye was blinking more rapidly than the left, and it was slightly more closed. My next reaction was that maybe he got something in it while playing with the ferts. He didnt scratch at it, it wasn't tearing more than usual, infact he didn't seem worried about it at all- if I went to touch it he had really no reaction, the only thing (othen than it being sort of squinty) out of wack was that it had a thick thing of eye goo going town the center- right down the middle. (clear not cloudy, he gets these occassionally.. Not more often than i get eye goo, probably not more often than anyone gets eye goo)

I took him in the bathroom and gently washed it out with lukewarm water, after words he pushed his face into my chest and rubbed the eye on my chest. I hoped he was fine so I put him down to get a good look... buut he seemed about the same. My fiancee took out his treats and as soon as he heard the bag, ears perked up at attention and both eyes opened wide. We gave him a few treats before bed and the entire time the treat bag was out, his eye was fine. I dont know if its serious or if its just a little aggrivated, maybe he was just tired? I don't know...

I am so worried to go home (i get off in a half hour) because Im scared something aweful may have happened to his eye while I'm at work. Im probably being irrational but he's my baby.. anyone experienced anything like this? Should i be scared?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
let us know what its like when you get home, I would be freaking out! Just stay calm and have a look when you get home. He was fine when his treats were out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea he was, I dont have internet at home but I will let you guys know when i get a chance tomorrow- promise. Cross ur fingers for us- if you dont hear from me we may have had to go to the vet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts