Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Editorial Content
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does your pet 'fall' victim to seasonal allergies? When autumn allergens are in the air, let Vetericyn help your dog or cat with irritating symptoms.

There’s little question that the number of pets suffering from allergies and sensitivities is on the rise these days and whether it’s down to climate conditions, air quality or just better diagnostic techniques, these maladies require an effective, pro-active approach to identify and treat – particularly during peak allergy periods such as Spring and Fall.

In the Autumn, we’re met with dead leaves, dust, mold, and winds that stir up this toxic mix and send it wafting through the air. For pets suffering from inhalant allergies their symptoms will typically present more aggressively at this time of year in the form of itchy, irritated skin known as allergic dermatitis. When left untreated, this affliction can result in painful inflammation, hair loss, open sores, scabbing and hot spots on dogs.

But dry, itchy, inflamed skin isn’t the only signal your pet is suffering from allergies; excessive head shaking, odor and discharge from his ears, running nose, and watery eyes are all indications your pet has allergies and he’s in for a pretty miserable time.

For pet owners attempting to treat and control these allergy symptoms it’s important that a safe, effective topical solution such a Vetericyn Plus be used on a regular basis.

Because all Vetericyn Plus products are manufactured in a USA FDA registered facility, are non-toxic, safe and easy to use (no antibiotics, steroids or tea tree oil – which can be harmful to cats) owners can use them with confidence that their pet is receiving a superior quality treatment. In fact, their line of products are safe for use on all animal species regardless of age and health and the Vetericyn Plus Wound and Skin Care can safely be used around a pet’s eyes, nose and mouth without harming the healthy tissue surrounding a wound or sore.
Read more about the Fall Allergies in Pets: How to Help Your Pet Through Seasonal Allergies at PetGuide.com.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I went to a different vet clinic last time with Jr and the vet recommended Apaquel and some other allergy medicine. I said I'd think about it because his allergies haven't flared up this year so far. I also told her I didn't want him to be long term on no medication but she said it wouldn't be year long.
Our normal vet only recommends Benadryl.
How much it it? Do you only use it for certain months?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
My puppy is going to experience his first autumn. Any way to prevent the allergy?
I know I'm late, but I thought I'd answer this. Most dog do not have allergies. So, unless you see watery eyes or your puppy scratching big bald spots on themselves, I wouldn't worry. Also, I found, a lot of allergies are rooted in poor quality dog food. I just got some dogs from my daughter, she had been feeding them Ol" Roy, which is the cheapest, nastiest food you can buy, and two of her dogs had horrible skin allergies, they had chewed huge holes in themselves. I immediately put them on a better dog food and Sasha's chew spot are completely healed, Rocco's were much worse and deeper, they are still showing, I'm hoping with the winter coat coming in, they will disappear. but they may be permanent.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know I'm late, but I thought I'd answer this. Most dog do not have allergies. So, unless you see watery eyes or your puppy scratching big bald spots on themselves, I wouldn't worry. Also, I found, a lot of allergies are rooted in poor quality dog food. I just got some dogs from my daughter, she had been feeding them Ol" Roy, which is the cheapest, nastiest food you can buy, and two of her dogs had horrible skin allergies, they had chewed huge holes in themselves. I immediately put them on a better dog food and Sasha's chew spot are completely healed, Rocco's were much worse and deeper, they are still showing, I'm hoping with the winter coat coming in, they will disappear. but they may be permanent.
Interesting. When Jr was a puppy he was on purina puppy chow. I don't remember exactly but that's when he started scratching himself constantly. He would be up all night just itching and chewing himself. He never developed holes though (maybe I caught it early on) But I switched him to grain free and it was a immediate change, less itching and no more staying up all night.
But I've always wondered if he truly is allergic to grains or if it's just cause Authority is a "better quality" than Purina. I've had people tell me this before and I've considered switching him to just Authority regular. Or maybe even Wellness. But he does so well on grain free. So I don't want to switch him

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am new here and need help

Hi i really love to have great ideals about pets as a whole because i love them with so much paission so am new here and i would want to add and share what i have as well thanks.
rottweilerbreeds.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts