Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I haven't been around much, so busy lately! Working two jobs right now and trying to get this new house oraganized. Hopefully things will slow down in the next week or two! Fancy is doing great! She's growing like a little weed(mostly her fat belly!!!) and Guinness is sooo good with her now. He loves playing with her!! We had a scare with low blood sugar, we just about lost her. We took all the dogs for a walk and when we got back Fancy was still raring to go. We never thought to make her eat, we just thought she would when she got hungry, but she's a puppy and was to interested in playing. A few hours later, she was still sleeping. Greg said she must be tired, but when I went to pick her up she was limp and lethargic. She had no coordination, so I knew right away what it was! I gave her honey, but it didn't seem to help so I called the vet. He said she was probally dehydrated to. I gave her water from a syringe and some more honey and she perked up not to long after. Very scary! Now we watch her like a hawk!! We took her to the vet for her last shots and she weighs 2.5 lbs. I was shocked!! She's so little! I think .5 lbs is her belly!! Anyways here's some pics!!

I made the dress and the necklace! Can you see how much she's changed between this pic and the first one!

I don't know who's sleepier, mommy or Fancy!!

I love her coloring!! And her big belly! Not a starving puppy!!

This is what I see when I'm going to work!:(

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
What a scare about Fancy! We're glad she's okay now. It's a good thing you're watching her like a hawk. Chihuahuas are so delicate, and even more so when they're puppies.

Fancy is soooo beautiful! In fact, Fancy looks like my Bella (same smooth coat, chocolate blue). Looking
at Fancy is like looking at Bella when she was younger, especially the photo of Fancy sleeping. Bella weighs 4.5 pounds and is a little over 1 year old.

Guinness is too cute for words....I love the photo of him looking at you as you leave for work...poor baby. :p

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG!! They do look alike don't they!! Is that what Bella's coloring is, chocolate blue? I never know what Fancy is! I've been told dark grey, blue fawn, blue brindle.
Guinness is the only dog I know that has perfected pouting!!! Especially when I go to work!!!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Yes, Fancy's coloring is called chocolate blue (grey). :p

Chocolate blue is a combination of genetic variance that produces a kind of grey that appears to have a tinge of blue in it. You can get a chocolate blue chihuahua from a black and tan, a chocolate, or even a fawn parent. To get a chocolate blue chihuahua, the parents must have a recessive blue gene in their heritage.

Many chocolate blue chihuahuas have dry skin, which may cause their fur to fall off, leaving bald spots (when we first adopted Bella, she had itchy dry skin and bald spots). We give Bella 1,000 mg. fish oil or salmon oil once a day to prevent this problem.

You could purchase the fish oil or salmon oil in 1,000 mg. capsules in drug stores or health food stores. Cut open a capsule, and squeeze the oil directly into your dog's food for both Fancy and Guinness. These oils are rich in Omega 3 fatty acid, and are good for humans too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooh, Good advice! Thank you! I'd never heard that before!! Fancy wouldn't be so Fancy if she was bald!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
They are so cute!!! I love the pic of Guinness pouting! I would never make it to work lol! and Fancy is sooo precious!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
OMG I've never seen your Fancy since I've been gone & I'm in LOVE! :love5: She is exactly what I want my future Chi to look like, she's gorgeous! Congrats!!

And, that picture of Guinness is so sad! :( I vote you become a stay at home Mom so that Guinness doesn't have to give faces like that anymore!

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
They're both beautiful :love7: That's so scary about the low blood sugar :shock: I know if I'm going to be away for a while I always give Fender some whatever that stuff is :lol: I can't remember the name for the life of me :confused:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Alisha said:
They're both beautiful :love7: That's so scary about the low blood sugar :shock: I know if I'm going to be away for a while I always give Fender some whatever that stuff is :lol: I can't remember the name for the life of me :confused:
Nutrical maybe?

Laura, It's good to see you and guinny again, and a new little addition too :) glad to hear that she is doing better now after the low blood sugar incident :) I love that last picture. It's too cute :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Oh goodness, I want to come steal Fancy!

xD Guinness looks like he's suffering from the night before in that picture!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! Courtney, I did stay home with Guinness for a year and a bit (foot surgery, stress leave, etc.) which is exactly why he's looking at me like that when I leave!!!!!! It's so hard to leave him! I miss having him around all the time!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Fancy is soo beautiful, she is growing up to be gorgeous! :D :D And Guinness is so adorable as always, I love his coat! :) :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts