Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I made the very hard decision to say goodbye to very dear dog, Ling Ling. She had another tumor that grew very rapidly right on her spine and it was making it so hard for her to get around. I had to carry her into the bedroom last night in her bed. Over the last week she had been losing her spark and the last two days she stopped eating.

I will miss her lumbering about the back yard with her tail plume streaming behind her. And the way, when she was being silly, she would attack and destroy the menacing piece of paper, any piece of paper that happened to make the mistake of being in reach. I lost bills, letters, notes, anything she could get to. She was such a clown. She was much more playful than her sister, yet much more aloof and independent, too. Once a month she would lumber up and bark at me to pick her up and love on her, then she was ok until the next month. When her sister died, I thought I would lose her, too. She got so depressed. Adopting the chis really perked her up and it was so funny watching her play with them. Because of her short legs, she couldn't get in and out of the beds easily, so she would hop from one to another like a huge frog and really scare my little chis a bit. She loved Billy, but he wasn't to sure about this slobbery old dog trying to flirt with him. lol

She was the poster child of what happens when you breed indiscriminately. She had a crooked face, only 4 teeth on one side of her mouth were actually opposite each other. She could only lick the corner of her nose, so her nose needed lotions or it would crack and dry out. She had a twisted trachea. All this made her lose her breath easy and her snoring and wheezing could shake the windows. She also had a huge hernia and a very bad heart murmur. because of all this, surgery was not an option, she was never able to be fixed or repair the hernia. But she made it to 12 years old until she contracted cancer.

She's now at the Rainbow bridge, running free with her beloved sister, Sun Chee.

Sun Chee

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Pam...I am so sorry for your loss...Ling Ling was a beautiful little girl in her own right....and it sounds like she had the character to match ...she is now with her sister... rustling up papers and running free like the wind......and feeling no pain..:angel11:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Aw, so sorry for your loss, you are a saint, taking care of all her challenges, I'm sure she knew how much you loved her.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, Pam. :( RIP sweet Ling Ling.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I'm sorry, Pam.
It's never an easy decision, or an easy time.
But she couldn't have had a better human or a better life.
RIP

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so sorry.She had a very good life with you.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone. It's weird to be sitting here and not hear her breathing. You always knew where she was by listening for her wheeze. I'm going to miss her so much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave her a happy and wonderful life, and now that she has moved on she will be pain-free and without suffering. How lucky you were to have each other.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never an easy decision but it sounds like it was the right one. Will be sending my thoughts your way...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you can take comfort in what a beautiful life it sounds like you gave to a great little dog that might never have been <3

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's never an easy decision, but when the time comes you know in your heart, and I'm sure our beloved furkids are grateful to be able to rest. When they stop eating and shut down, they know it's time. She was adorable and it sounds like you gave her a great life. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. RIP sweetie.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Pam I am so sorry, (((((HUGS))))) R.I.P and run free Ling Ling

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. My heart is with you and your extended family

1 - 20 of 26 Posts