Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband and I are going to Las Vegas or our 2nd anniversary in Nov. I bought a dress last week, but need input please! I'm not use to nor do I own heels. My sister says this dress needs them. I found some nice pointy toed leather kitten heels. Would those go? And a satin bolero on Etsy. I'm a cold natured person. Thoughts on hair and makeup? My hair is just above bra strap.

Dress - blurred my face for your eye safety
View attachment 7832

Bolero
Black 3/4 sleeve satin wedding bolero jacket shrug by alexbridal

Thanks! :daisy:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My experience has been anything goes in Vegas. You will want to be able to walk in your shoes. Your dress is nice--I would wear it in Vegas. With a denim jacket, too!!!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Kitten heels will look lovely and allow you to walk/stand for as long as you need to.

High heels would look stunning but would also be a nightmare if you're not used to them. I used to wear high heels every day of my life for years BUT if I try to wear them now, I can only last about 30mins before I'm almost in tears with the pain & walking like someone who needs to be committed.

It's distressing because when I think I used to go clubbing in 5-6" heels until the wee small hours of the morning several times a week, and now I can't even stand in them for more than a few moments .... I think everyone who maintains a social life that MIGHT require heels, even just occasionally, should probably wear them a couple of times a month just to keep the feet coping with them, otherwise we lose the ability altogether which is, to my mind, a tragedy because they're sooooo damn sexy and one of the saddest things to lose with the onset of age.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My experience has been anything goes in Vegas. You will want to be able to walk in your shoes. Your dress is nice--I would wear it in Vegas. With a denim jacket, too!!!
I didn't think of a denim jacket. Probably cheaper too.

Pretty dress.
Wish I could give advice I haven't worn a dress since my own wedding. That was four years ago, lol.
I like dresses, don't get to wear them much. Living in the country my legs are covered in bug bites.

Kitten heels will look lovely and allow you to walk/stand for as long as you need to.

High heels would look stunning but would also be a nightmare if you're not used to them. I used to wear high heels every day of my life for years BUT if I try to wear them now, I can only last about 30mins before I'm almost in tears with the pain & walking like someone who needs to be committed.

It's distressing because when I think I used to go clubbing in 5-6" heels until the wee small hours of the morning several times a week, and now I can't even stand in them for more than a few moments .... I think everyone who maintains a social life that MIGHT require heels, even just occasionally, should probably wear them a couple of times a month just to keep the feet coping with them, otherwise we lose the ability altogether which is, to my mind, a tragedy because they're sooooo damn sexy and one of the saddest things to lose with the onset of age.
I didn't even wear heels at my wedding. My husband is only a couple inches taller then me. I did find these awesome satin heels with a bow on the back. I think they were 4"-5". (pinupclothing.com :p) they would be killers for sure!

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Very pretty dress. Kitten heels would look nice, but since it has a 60's vibe I think you could get away with flats too, or even knee length boots. I don't do heels, (except if I know I am going to be sitting the whole time lol) so I would opt for flats. I was going to say pumps, but in America you call court shoes pumps, I don't know what you call actual pumps!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
What a pretty dress! I think that a pair of small heels in any neutral color (black,nude, light gold, etc) would go nicely, depending on your accessories. I would wear your hair down or in a simple updo. Have fun in Vegas!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love vegas! I usually dress comfy cause you do alot of walking but it really depends on what your doing. I tried heels and by the end of the day i was sooooo sorry so next year when i packed to go again i left the heels at home lol but maybe because i didnt get any rest since it was sema week! But the dress is nice! Have fun in vegas and one thing you must check out is their petshops they have the coolest exotic animals there.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts