Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bad. We take the girls everywhere and one sits with DH and one with me.

Before they get too used to that sweet, but unsafe method of travel, I wanted to get them a carseat.

Can you recommend on that is available in the U.S. and comfortably holds 2?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
i have a carseat but don't always use it. Kind of a pain and i only take her like to the school and back. So not real far.
Cant think what mine is called but i dont like the straps that are on the side because they get in her face alot.
This one has diff. sizes so you could def. get one to fit more than one chi. It looks nice too.
Amazon.com: Solvit 62293 Pet Booster Seat, Deluxe, Extra-Large: Kitchen & Dining

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
This is the one i recomend. i never tried any others but my 2 chis love this one. it comes in different sizes and different colors. i think the regular lookout is the best. they have a lookout 2 that comes with a storage drawer but i think that it makes it too bulky and who needs a storage drawer. Minnie is under 5 pounds and Tootsie is around 9 pounds and they are very comfy in the medium size. ( i dont think they have it in the Petco store, but i think if you buy it at petco.com , i think if you are not happy with it you can return it to Petco but ask , i'm not 100 % sure about that)

Snoozer Black Pet Car Seat Lookouts - Dog Car Seat from PETCO.com

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
This is the one i recomend. i never tried any others but my 2 chis love this one. it comes in different sizes and different colors. i think the regular lookout is the best. they have a lookout 2 that comes with a storage drawer but i think that it makes it too bulky and who needs a storage drawer. Minnie is under 5 pounds and Tootsie is around 9 pounds and they are very comfy in the medium size. ( i dont think they have it in the Petco store, but i think if you buy it at petco.com , i think if you are not happy with it you can return it to Petco but ask , i'm not 100 % sure about that)

We have this one too, in the medium. It fits 2-4 of ours depending on who the dogs are lol. They like it and its nice to not have them running around the car like crazy dogs. On long trips they are all in their crates but I love having that to just buckle their harness into for rides around town.

Its cheaper on e-bay and comes in loads of fun colors :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I have Lookout 2 and love it, the drawer holds treats and pick up baggies and collars or leashes. I have it in a small and Zoey is very comfy in it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This is our favorite car seat
Lookout II Pet Car Seat
I used to have the car seatbelt vest on Prada before Gucci came along, but they both much prefer this car seat.
We have it in the hot pink color and its really pretty!
And I always keep a bag of treats and some toys in the inbuilt drawer just in case

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah, I just ordered the Snoozer Lookout too, in a small though, so hopefully my girls are fine in it together, I think they should be. Anyways. I did a LOT of research. I am a big car seat safety person, I just see how ppl are buckled in the car, and I see a crash test.. it's just how I was trained. In my car kids are rear facing til 4, harnessed til bout 6, and boosted til about 10. The girls currently ride in a crate together on the floor behind the passenger seat, then the passenger seat is slighly pushed up against it, so they are kinda wedged in there. I believe that is the absolute safest. And the are happy in it and do great. BUT, I want them to be able to see out the window, and in the summer being in the crate can get hot. So, I just ordered the Snoozer for them.

What I love about it, and why I chose it over others, is that you buckle the booster in with the regular seat belt, rather then clip it on the headrest or something. And, the puppies are actually secured in the car with the seat belt too! It comes with a strap that wraps around the shoulder belt, then hooks onto their harnesses. I like that they are secured in the car by the seat belt, it makes me feel much better.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My small came today for my girls. I thought I would post a pic of them in it for you. We haven't put it in the car yet because we only have 1 car and it's with DH at work. But I probably should have got the medium one. The small fits them both fine, and they'll be able to lay down and sleep and stuff. But the medium would have given them a lil more room, and I could have had a blanket to cuddle up with and stuff in there.

But they are used to sleeping in a crate, that fits in the floor behind my passenger seat in my Toyota Avalon, so not a huge crate, but big enough for both of them. They are used to cuddling. So it works. Later I may sell this one to my sister for her Chihuahua, and get the girls a medium. We'll see how they like it. But my sister doesn't restrain her pup in the car at all, so I doubt she'll end up wanting it.

Anyways, here are some pics I just took with my iPhone, cuz I can't find my camera. But just imagine 2 Izzie's, cuz your girls are about the same size as Izzie is.. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a GREAT car seat! The girls look so cute in it, too! Mine will likely NOT care for the car seat but I am going to get one. Did you tell me where you ordered it from? Was it one of the links earlier in the post?

Thanks so much for the research and he pics. It helped a LOT!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I got it from Amazon for $65 with free 2 day shipping. It only comes with one attachment though, that wraps around the seat belt and attaches to the harness. I have heard they sell them at Petco for $5, but I haven't checked yet, and can't find them online. On the Snoozer site, they are only $9, but with like $10 shipping. But they also have the seat on there too.. so you could get the seat and the extra attachment both on there.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Cherper- Kristi has the grey quilted one. I would prolly get a medium for your 2, gives them more room. My girls are used to be snuggled up close, and like it, so I think they'll be fine with the small. But I kind of wish I would have boughten the medium one... Kind of.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will likely get the medium. Hubby is a MAJOR car/truck guy. You could eat off the engines and the insides forever look brand new. Black quilted will probably be my choice. He is a total guy's guy. He already now has two tiny girl dogs. I come strolling in with some hot pink puppy car seat...it makes me laugh thinking about it!!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think the medium is perfect -- it takes up 1 passenger seat, and they have some room to stretch out. We go on marathon trips tho...so, I like them to have room. We cycle 2 in the seat, the others in their crates. 4 fit in the seat but only the smaller 4, and it = lots of bickering!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I was going to get the pink, but it's in vinyl... which doesn't seem very great. I like the quilted. If only they had pink quilted.. I'd be all over that!

ETA- Oh, and the only difference between the small and medium, is that the medium is 6 inches wider then the small is. It makes a big difference, I'm sure. But I just wanted to put that out there.

·
Registered
894 Posts
So Karen, have you purchased it yet? I bought the Medium, so I took some comparison pics for you.. :) And I got my medium on Amazon for $85, so that's pretty much the cheapest I've seen it. You'll have to get an extra attachment strap tho!

Here are some pics I took. I dunno why the flash always makes the girls' eyes look crazy.. lol. I am super glad I got the medium tho! Again, picture 2 Izzie's in the seat, cuz your girls are about her size. :) Bella is 6.44 lbs and Izzie is 3.2 lbs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts