Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's yours??

Mine would have to be Richard Laymon. He is a horror writer. Can be very graphic and times and kinda gross but he writes a very good story and doesnt hold anything back!

Ive always like horror books. When I was little Id read 'goosebumps' by R.L. Stine, then moved on to his regular books then onto Christopher Pike and then my cousin got me onto Richard Laymon last year.

I also like the Harry Potter books.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Rohinton Misrty.........when I read his books I can actually smell and taste India..( I have been there ) ....his descriptions are so accurate it takes me right back !

I am presently reading " The Last Heathen , encounters with ghosts and ancestors in Melanesia i" by Charles Montgomery...it is an excellent read. .

I also love horror books !

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xx-nathalie-xx said:
i love horror too :D my favorite writer is Stephen King and dean Coonz (or something;..i 'm not sure about the name :D

kisses nat
If you like that Dean fella (cant for the life of me remember how to spell his last name!) You should try Richard Laymon.
They were good friends. Dean finished off one of Laymon's books after he passed and wrote the foreword for it.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
and i think anthony horowitz is also a very good one !!!!!

i have to check my private library at home :wink:

thanks Cass i will look him up :D

kisses nat

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
BTW we had those books goosebumps here too !! they were great actually !! haha so funny you've read them too !! they even filmed the series and they showed it on TV

with us it was called kippevel :D

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
as well as fave author can you please post your fave books and a little something about what they are about. i'd love to start reading again, with summer coming i like to sit outside and read but i only got interesting in reading 2 years ago and borrowed books from my ex. aside from jackie collins smut books (whoohoo love readin that hehe) i dont' know what to read. :? does that sound pathetic...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
changed it luv4mygirls :D

Fave book ay? Well Im really into Richard Laymon, as I said, so its gonna be something by him. But if you dont like blood, guts, gore and much more then I wouldnt read him!

I just finished 'The Midnight Tour' which I really enjoyed. Its part of a trilogy.
'Island' is also another good one of his that I like.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i would recommend Perfume from patrick suskind . it's not an easy book , it's almost real literature ...it's about a killer in the middle ages ...who is obsessed by the scent of women !

i've read Marquis de Sade or something and found it really good ...but it's not for everyone .....it's very sadistic and gory :D

i liked Stephen King's horror short stories a lot !! it's a compilation ....

mmm can't think of anything else now........

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well I read Dean Koontz some although he isn't at the top of my list. That's because horror isn't my favorite thing. I prefer mysteries and fantasy and sci-fi.

Having a book a day habit I don't have just one favorite author though. Actually on workdays it takes me two days to get through an average size book.

I do like the Harry Potter books also. I read the first one so I would have a clue what my godson was talking about and ended up enjoying it and reading the rest.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My favourite books/authors (I can't just pick one) would be Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, all the Anne books by L.M. Montgomery, and I love Roald Dahl's childrens books. Danny Champion of the World is a particular fave! Oh and I'm completely hooked on JK Rowling's books, and The Cat Who... series by Lilian Jackson Braun.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I love mysteries, legal thrillers and detective stories but I also love a lot of good literature. One of my all time favorite books is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It will stay with you forever.

I also loved Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I so didn't want it to end because I felt I had become so close to the main character. I felt like I was saying good-bye to a friend I knew I'd never see again. :(

Last summer I read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue something. Incredible!! Someone needs to make a movie out of this book.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Favourite authors are : James Patterson and Tess Gerritson

But my favourite book of all time is called "Ps I love You" by Cecile Ahern.

"Ahern, the mediagenic 22-year-old daughter of Ireland's prime minister, debuts with a sweet, sentimental tale of a young widow's trials and triumphs in the year after her husband's death. Soul mates Holly and Gerry married in their early 20s; when Gerry dies of brain cancer at 30, Holly is utterly bereft. But Gerry has a final gift: a series of letters, which Holly is to open on the first of each month from March to New Year's, and which will guide her on her journey from grief. Gerry correctly predicts that Holly will not have gone through his belongings by June, found a new job by September or considered falling in love again by December, but with his posthumous epistolary encouragement she does all those things. She also enters a karaoke contest, takes a beach vacation and dances at a holiday ball she'd always attended with Gerry. The months pass as close friends help prop Holly up; around her, a marriage falls apart, a couple gets engaged and a friend announces her pregnancy. Within her tight-knit family, Holly's youngest brother makes a revealing film of her birthday party, her elder brothers change places in her allegiance and her parents take in one stray grown child after another for stays short and long. Ahern's speed (she wrote the book in three months) and her youth do show-the wisdom in evidence owes much to Nicholas Sparks and Sophie Kinsella-and her prose is pedestrian. She boasts a natural storytelling talent, however, resulting in a compelling tale sparked by an unusual premise."

and as with all good books Warner brothers have brought it and are making it into a movie

also Virginia Andrews " Flowers in thre attic" is a classic love of mine :wave:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I am a total bookworm, I love to read, especially when I am on holiday. I plan to buy a whole lot of novels at the airport in 2 weeks time!

My all time favourite book has to be "The Magus" by John Fowles (he also wrote "The French Lieutenants Woman" that they made a movie of with Meryl Streep.)
Its a complicated book, all about dreams, illusion and Greek Myths...but its wonderful if you let yourself get lost in the twists and turns of the plot.. :D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
mmm, right now I'm really into Dean Koontz. I just finished Odd Thomas and it was pretty good. My all time favorite books and author is Diana Gabaldon with the Outlander Series. They were good romances :oops: based out of Scotland (I don't know why but I'm a big nut for anything scottish.lol. Especially men :lol: )

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
My favorite author is Laura Ingalls Wilder. I know she only wrote the little house on the praire<SP> books but I read those a couple years back and man i really like the way she wrote those books... I read the whole set... I couldn't put them down and whenI did I couldn't wait to get everything done for the day so I could read some more...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh Ozzy&Lilly's Mom. I too love James Patterson. I have read all his books! He is my absolute fav. So easy to read and so hard to put down!
Way too many to list.

Leslie

1 - 20 of 29 Posts