Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

As being a resident in a European country, all I know when it comes to shows is the FCI way of doing it.

But could some please give me a quick guide to the classes and show system of the AKC?

the quick guide to FCI shows

Baby class
the 4 best dogs in each sex is placed and the winning dog and bitch compeat in BOB Baby, The BOB goes on to the BIS Baby competeations (no group competitions for baby or puppies) Results from this class is not reg. in the database

Puppy class
the 4 best dogs in each sex is placed and the winning dog and bitch compeat in BOB Puppy Results from this class is not reg. in the database

Junior class
Dogs entered in the junior class do not compete for the CACIB.

Intermediate class
age 15-24 months

Open class

Champion class
age: from 15 months (But in Denmark, a dog must be 2 years of age when reciving the last and qualifying CC to become ch.
Documentation for national or international championship must be enclosed. Danish Beauty Champions must be entered in this class or the Veteran class.

Veteran class
Dogs entered in the veteran class do not compete for the CACIB.
Danish Beauty Champions must be entered in this class or in the Working class or the Champion class.

A dog from junior class to veteran class can be giving Excellent (1st prize) Very good (2nd prize) Good (3rd prize) or Sufficiant (4th prize)

Only dogs that have received Excellent or Very good can be placed in their class.The 4 best dogs in each class is placed (Excellent over Very good) and the dogs that have recived Excellent can be giving CQ (Champion Quality) if the judge find the dogs qualify good enough. To compeat in the best bitch and best dog competitions, a dogs must have been awarede CQ. In each sex the 4 best dogs are placed and the CC is awareded to the highst non-champion dog. The best bitch and best dog compete for the Best of breed.

Hope it makes sense to you yanks? :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Its been a while since i've been in the show ring, and when i was it was with Mastiff and Staffy Bulls, i've never shown a chi but i hope to some day. There are a couple members here that show and one particular member is currently showing a puppy, Mona Lisa Smile is her name, i believe.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The way of showing (classes, pizes ect) is the same no matter the breed in FCI, the only diffens is that so working breeds have requirements on compleated working test. And that age of champion varies (in Denmark it's 2 years) and not all contryes have junior champion titles (denmark dosen't)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts