Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chose a older female that needed to be rehomed. I was told next to nothing about her. Ive had her several months now. Ive had chihuahuas of and on my whole life. I thgr I knew the breed well. She has all the conviences, toys, treats, good food, tent type beds in different locations, fresh water every day, sweaters, proper medical care, grooming, plus I love her to no end. Im usually real good with rescue animals, even wounded or abused animals take to me. This lil girl only ducks her head and hides. If I look at her when she gets out of her bed she ducks back into bed. If she sees me looking at her she wont go to her food or water. If I try to pet her she trembles so hard it breaks my heart. She comes when I call her but she moves in slow motion, every step an effort, her posture is head down, tail tucked. She never barks. She only exhibits happy behavior when we go bye bye in the car. She acts happy to see me when she comes in and Im on the toilet. Then shes all bright eyed and tail wagging. As long as I dont try to pet her she remains happy and even guards me while Im in the bathroom. I tell her what a good girl she is and she responds with more tail wags and happy looks then resumes her guard stance. If I try to pet her she either cowers or runs.
I assume her history dictates her current behavior. Im an empathic person. I want whats best for her. I give her space. She does things that confuse me like she happily sits on my lap in the car but will not sit on my lap at home. All she does then is shake, scrunch up in a ball and soon as she can she bolts. Im at a loss. Im looking for helpful advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no doubt about that. The vet is the first place I went.
Thanks for offering tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts