Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,509 Posts
What you are feeding sounds about right to me but every dog is different. It's not unusual for a puppy's growth to slow down. What did the vet say about his body condition? Is he too thin? You should be able to feel his ribs but not see them and the layer of fat on his ribs should feel like a tshirt, not a sweater. Feeding him more isn't going to make him grow any bigger if it's not in his genes. :)

· Registered
1,509 Posts
I have a five month old that weighs 2.75 lbs. I just started using Ziwipeak but before that she was eating 1/4 c dry plus 1/4 c canned split into two meals daily. Most of the time the amount listed on the bag is too much, but based on what my girl was eating I would feed your little guy 1/4 c twice a day and and adjust from there. He sounds a little bony to me from what you are saying. Can you feel the bones in his backbone?

That's great that he likes the Origen that well. I am really impressed with that food from what I've read about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.