Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I feed Prey Model Raw to my dogs :)

Figured I should expand on that. Zoey has horrible allergies was on Royal Canin's Skin Support (vet diet) for a few years but still was itchy constantly red faced etc, so I switched her to Natural Balance Duck & Potato then after about 3 months on that she started reacting to that so I put her on By Nature Salmon, after about 3 months she started reacting so with help & support from Brody's mom on Dogster, in July I switched to Prey Model Raw, my dogs eat 80% meat, 10% bones (raw) 5% Liver & 5% organs. It really is the BEST thing I have EVER done for Zoey, she has been healthier, and is starting to regrow white on her front legs which were stained from her licking them all the time.

If you are interested in learning more here are a couple of links
Brody's Mom EXCELLENT thread:
Are you considering a raw diet? - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums

& My Little Carnivores Blog (my blog) to give you an idea of what they eat.
My Little Carnivores

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My Chi is on the raw diet. She gets raw meats, organs, and bone, egg, and sometimes a raw baby carrot to gnaw on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that. ive also been reading on here about salmon oil does any one give this to there chihs

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yes I give Salmon Oil as well as just started transitioning from The Missing Link to Nupro.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I noticed some eye staining with Dahlia on salmon oil.
Is it a allergy reaction to it or is it the oil just doing it??
Know what I mean?? Like having a oily complexion if
you take Vitamin E capsules??

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody's on prey model raw as well. :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey gets fresh cooked meat with vegies and dried liver I am wanting to get her salmon oil but I dont know how much to give her and how often and also dont know where to get it!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Blue Buffalo Small Breed Life Protection Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food (dry) and

Blue Buffalo Small Breed Chicken Dinner with
Garden Vegetables & Brown Rice (canned - loaf)

and occassionally
BLUE Bites Savory Salmon
Natural Soft-Moist Dog Treats
BLUE Bites™ are tender, tasty tokens of your affection for furry family members of all shapes and sizes. Moist and meaty, BLUE Bites are made with naturally healthy and delicious ingredients. Plus, BLUE Bites are the only moist dog treats with a unique blend of natural ingredients that help provide specific health benefits.
Glucosamine & Chondroitin
To help promote healthy joints
Taurine
To help support heart health
Vitamins A, C and E
To help support the immune system

1 - 20 of 20 Posts