Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have problem feeding my chihuahua...she won't eat on her bowl...i always feed her with my hands...i tried mixing it with wet food same thing happens..i tried miing it with the gravy for dogs same thing....i leave her food the whole day some times she peeks and grab a little and then thats it...she don't stay there and eat...i don't know if this is normal...any idea pls. help thank you

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus has to be starving before he will stand at his bowl and eat. His preferred way is to grab a bite and take it off to another room to eat it and go back later for another bite, it takes him hours to eat that way but it makes him happy.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
to me this doesnt seem that strange Tader will not even touch his food if any one is near him & heaven forbid you look at him if hes near the food bowl but if you drop any people food you had better watch your toes cause hes on it.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
is she on a cold floor, I had to buy a rug to put under it (food area).....just a thought :wave:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe chi's r just like that..they're picky....well thanks for your reply...what brnd of dog food you gave your chis?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tinker said:
Marcus has to be starving before he will stand at his bowl and eat. His preferred way is to grab a bite and take it off to another room to eat it and go back later for another bite, it takes him hours to eat that way but it makes him happy.
That's Gizmo too. He fills his mouth with 4-6 pieces, carries it to our oriental rug, unloads his mouth then savors each piece, one at a time. Then back to the bowl for another load.

Piper is very different. She doesn't come up for air until her bowl is completely empty. Then, when she's done, she wets her tongue with a drink of water and licks her food bowl clean. We could never free feed her.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
have you tried a plate? chiwi won't eat out of her bowl she was trying to but her lil back legs would come off the ground like she was doing a handstand even though it was a very shallow bowl! she'd lean to grab a bite then boom handstand lol :lol: then she would walk away and would eat (very little i may add) off the floor (i haven't had the easiest time getting her to eat but lately she has been eating a little bit more) since i swithced to a small small plate it's easier for her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts