Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girls are currently around 5 months old. They get feed about 1/8 a cup, 3 times a day (7am, 12pm, 5pm) of TOTW (although I have been cutting the amount of totw back a bit and adding Ziwipeak as a topper on occasions) They also get some nupro and a squirt of salmon oil once a day. Times I give them ZP I normally give 1/16 of totw and 1/16 of ZP.... I think my maths right lol.

I've seen that some people with puppies actually feed only twice. When should going from 3 times a day to 2 times happen?

Also, I think the girls look a healthy size, I don't see their ribs but I can feel them. Last time they were weighed Olive was 4.6lbs and Lily was 6.1lbs. While they look healthy they seam to ALWAYS be hungry. Am I feeding them enough? Any time I try giving them more they seem to poop a lot more... of course lol.

Now I also give them both the same amount even considering that Lilly is bigger than Olive.

I'm kinda rambling lol and I'm probably obsessing over they're feeding. I just want what is best for them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am going 4 times a day (6 am, 10 am 2 pm 6 pm)~ Rio is just really still a baby. Tonight she ate her last meal like she hadn't seen food for days. I actually had to top her off. But she got a new x pen today as I know within the next day or so the courage was built to go over the blockade ring we had for her in the living room so she could mix and mingle with us in the evenings. So needless to say when the ring was up and she had a bit more space her and the cat had a blast & me her and Livy had fun so she built up an appetite.

I am thinking I read on here possibly 6 month range a person could move to the twice a day feedings ~ but I am really not sure.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
They are too young for you to worry so much about amounts.
They are still growing, feed more if they are so hungry and don't worry about it.
Around 8 months switch to twice per day. Monitor their weight and adjust quantity accordingly. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are too young for you to worry so much about amounts.
They are still growing, feed more if they are so hungry and don't worry about it.
Around 8 months switch to twice per day. Monitor their weight and adjust quantity accordingly. :)
Oh good this makes me feel better. Lily is very tall and lean, but Olive can get a little pudgy in the belly area lol. They're very active and playful and they LOOK healthy so I guess everything is good :D

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i think they should be fed all they want until about 6months then twice daily with certain amounts according to a scale for their size i think youre doing everything right they sure are cute

1 - 5 of 5 Posts