Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This horrible weather is making me feel so guilty for my poor pooch's.:( Is anybody else feeling the same??
The thing is although some of the ice has melted and I feel fairly confident hopscotching around the icy stretches and leaping in and out of the road to get where Im going the thought of trying it with 3 dogs just scares me too much. While Im abit nervous of walking on ice on my own Im practically phobic about it when Ive got the dogs.:(The thought that I might slip and fall onto one of them just seems like it isnt worth the risk.
Do you struggle out or play it safe??:confused:

(at least they dont seem too upset by missing their daily walk. They have taken up permanent residence in front of the gas fire!!:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Ohh I've walked mine everyday on the icey pavements have walked like I have a marrow up my arse though haha I can't deal with shoddy behaviour if they don't walk lol

Could you walk them individually mine walk on a coupler it's easier for me

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
LMAO Sarah!
That's hilarious!!

I have kinda cut back on the walks since all the snow and ice, cause i almost break my neck when it's just me, so dont want to chance falling and maybe letting go of the leads or something.
I have a coupler aswell for Darla and Daisy and the wee nutter Dillon is on his tod. lol
They also walk at a snails pace and seem to hate the cold on their paws.
So we all freeze our bums off and cant wait to get indoors.

I just make sure they have a good big run about the hall and into the livingroom with me throwing their tennis balls, they get all the excess energy out there thankfully.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Ohh I've walked mine everyday on the icey pavements have walked like I have a marrow up my arse though haha I can't deal with shoddy behaviour if they don't walk lol

Could you walk them individually mine walk on a coupler it's easier for me
this has made me chuckle, harry has been fine, but tulula won't walk in the snow and ice. i've tried again this morning in the woods, ended up carrying her.:hello1:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Yes been out every day,but i take hubby with me for support.Wellington boots are the best for grip.Don't think i could take 3 out at the same time on my own either,too much

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thing is I dont know why I bother feeling guilty. They are all sooo lazy!!:D
Hannah has only gotten as far as looking into the garden today then decided she couldnt be bothered. Heidi got as far as the steps, had a big stretch, yelped when she pulled a muscle and hobbled back in again and Adam only goes out to 'water the plants'!!:rolleyes:
Oddly enough the zoomies sessions have gone way down in the house too.:confused: I actually think they may be hibernating!!LOL

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Thing is I dont know why I bother feeling guilty. They are all sooo lazy!!:D
Hannah has only gotten as far as looking into the garden today then decided she couldnt be bothered. Heidi got as far as the steps, had a big stretch, yelped when she pulled a muscle and hobbled back in again and Adam only goes out to 'water the plants'!!:rolleyes:
Oddly enough the zoomies sessions have gone way down in the house too.:confused: I actually think they may be hibernating!!LOL
hehe watering the plants. hehe
your whole post is funny. Your pups are cutee lazy but cute. ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was thinking it's the wrong time of year to have a chi pup. I'd love to take her round the block but she's so tiny and gets so cold just going out to wee that I don't dare to start walking her.

Do you think I ought to put the lead on her round te house to get her used to it before spring?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
yes i would, took me ages to get tulula used to her harness and lead, as she was a tiny pup last winter, i didn't really take her out in the cold and wet.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I got daisy when it snowed last year I still walked her at 1lb 5oz but I'm strict lol

I've not fallen YET my marrow routine in wellies works

·
Registered
256 Posts
I got daisy when it snowed last year I still walked her at 1lb 5oz but I'm strict lol

I've not fallen YET my marrow routine in wellies works
How did you keep her warm and not shivery? I'm all up for walking her, she can be a little horror from time to time and i'm sure its energy related.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Put a sock on her and let her deal with it :) unless it's a blizzard I haven't put anything on them on a walk they keep warm enough inthe move!! You're best teaching her whilst she's really young as they tend to automatically follow!!

My youngest is 6.5 month and under 31/2lb her coats just coming in she shivers of we stop so I tend to keep her moving on a brisk walk!

Lot would prob disagree with me but their winter coats grow in quicker and thicker in the cold I'm pretty sure it'd combat it

Rain bothers me more than the cold!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts