Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided enough is enough!
Lola just cannot leave her poo alone when im out!! She has always been the same and its never got better!
We have tryed garlic capsuals, feeding her pinapple, putting pepper down on her pee pad so she wont touch her poo afterwards! and nothing has worked!!
So a friend suggested pinapple juice and not the small chuncks i tryed feeding her before...
I just put a small drop at the bottom of her bowl with her food over it and she knew something was wrong!!!
I was getting puppy dog eyes starring at me over the room!!!
and she was then starring at Penny as if to say " oh i see yours breakfast hasnt been tampered!!"
I do feel rather gulity!
Normally she will eat her meals with her tail held high and really enjoys it!
This time she ate it so slow and just kept stopping looking at me!! LOL
Awww poor Lola.. fingers crossed this works!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Poor Lola...she just likes to snack a little during the day...no harm done :rolleyes: These little dogs sure are smart. Keeping fingers crossed it works :D

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lily used to do it,have you tried the pet corrector ? as soon as she goes near it to yum yum it ,a quick burst of noisy air that will startle her .Worked for us

·
Registered
644 Posts
i hope the pineapple works for you :)

two out of my three are poop eaters given the chance and when i've tried the pineapple treatment, they seem to enjoy it more! :S

i watch them like a hawk at poo times but i don't always get there in time to stop the snacking. they can be really sneaky - little stinkers!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lily used to do it,have you tried the pet corrector ? as soon as she goes near it to yum yum it ,a quick burst of noisy air that will startle her .Worked for us
No i havent tryed the pet corrector, trouble is she does when im out :(
I have no idea when they are gunna poo, i always take them out b4 i go out during the day, and after work they go 4 a small walk but they use the pee pads 90% of the time and if im not there Lola will eat it and leave bits everywhere :(
Her fave time to do it is during the night... she can go 4 a poo b4 bed but still have another at stupid o`clock and when i get up i can see shes messed with it!
Dont think the pet corrector would be any good for us, as when she does a poo infront of us she just walks away :s

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hope the pineapple works for you :)

two out of my three are poop eaters given the chance and when i've tried the pineapple treatment, they seem to enjoy it more! :S

i watch them like a hawk at poo times but i don't always get there in time to stop the snacking. they can be really sneaky - little stinkers!
Hi, Nice to hear im not the only one with a filthy dog!!! lol
i hope the pineapple trick works too, i have no idea what else i can try if it doesnt!!
Such a disgusting habit isnt it :(

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh dear that's an awkward problem then ! i used to feel quite sick when Lily did it,my aunts dog would go into the field and sniff out every dogs poo and eat it ,think that's worse.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh dear that's an awkward problem then ! i used to feel quite sick when Lily did it,my aunts dog would go into the field and sniff out every dogs poo and eat it ,think that's worse.
It does make me feel very sick!
especially when u can smell it on her its just gross :(
I think its defo worse if they eat any other dog/cats poo, at least lola is on good food so its not gunna be horrible big minging poos!! not that it makes it any better! lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've never tried it, but have heard that Adolphs meat tenderizer sprinkled on the food is supposed to work for poo eaters.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would give it to her with a medicine dropper syringe! You also have to give it to your other girl or she will simply not eat her own poo and eat her sisters instead.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would give it to her with a medicine dropper syringe! You also have to give it to your other girl or she will simply not eat her own poo and eat her sisters instead.
Thats a good idea, i have a little syringe here! how much u reckon i shud give her? i was just covering the bottom of her bowl with the juice!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
LOL well I don't think any harm done by too much? its sugary but hey if it stops the horrid behaviour, I say amen! Mmm, I would give her like at least 4 ml? That's like a bit under a teaspoon. If it doesn't work up her to the equivalent of 2 teaspoons?

I know our pet store also sells a no poo eating powder you can turn into liquid and give them.

That way she can still enjoy meal time and not feel its been tampered with ;) Little snot, she knows she is toying with your emotions!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL well I don't think any harm done by too much? its sugary but hey if it stops the horrid behaviour, I say amen! Mmm, I would give her like at least 4 ml? That's like a bit under a teaspoon. If it doesn't work up her to the equivalent of 2 teaspoons?

I know our pet store also sells a no poo eating powder you can turn into liquid and give them.

That way she can still enjoy meal time and not feel its been tampered with ;) Little snot, she knows she is toying with your emotions!
Brilliant! i will try it like that then! haha she is such a madam, she knows what im up to!!
Ive tryed looking for something in pet shops but ive not been lucky enough to find anything :(
I saw something online ages ago from america but that was about it.
fingers crossed we can come to the end of this horrid habit for good! :D

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I hope this works, good idea from Krist, just give her the juice. She is such a beautiful pup, you'd never guess that she is up to this trick.

·
Registered
355 Posts
One of my Shih Tzu fosters used to go after his own as soon as it was out - I called it "Jiffy Poop - as much fun to make as it is to eat!"* I wonder if mango or papaya would have the same effect (they contain a similar enzyme), and if she would accept them better, seeing as how she hasn't had them before?

*See, before there were microwaves, we had this popcorn in little tin pans called Jiffy Pop...they were kind of like 8-Track snacks! Ok, now you all know I'm old ;}

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
You have to remember these are DOGS. It tastes GOOD to them!!! If you can't pick it up and she is free during the night, crate her or put her in a playpen. Then it won't be all over. We have a sheltie too, and she loves her poop snacks. I usually beat her to it, but sometimes she gets 'em. Good luck with pineapple. Sue Davis (new member)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My mother had a Yorkie pup that could never be stopped from doing it, and he went the 'fresh' route, too. She tried EVERYTHING!

The pineapple juice thing would never work with either of mine! They both absolutely love fruit of all kinds, especially pineapple!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Uugh!!! I have a poopy mouth, too. One of my pugs can't get enough. Makes me ill. She will actually follow the others around waiting for them to go so she can clean it up. I take a water bottle out with us and squirt her, but it is still a problem. I'm going to try the pineapple juice trick and see if it helps! I will give it to all four dogs with a medicine dropper. *fingers crossed*

1 - 20 of 30 Posts