Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Female Cream Long Hair Chihuahua for sale (UK)

Very sad sale of Ella. (We originally called her Lucy but decided to keep her old name)
I would never rehome a dog unless I absolutely had to. In this case, it wouldn't be fair on Ella, or my other chihuahuas, to keep her. Ella needs LONG walks. A simple 15 minute walk isn't enough for her, but it's enough for our other dogs. We didn't know how energetic she was when we got her. I'm often ill, and can't take the dogs on a walk. Chloe, Dexter, and Toby can run around the garden when I'm ill, and that's enough for them. My mum once took Ella on a five mile walk and she still wanted more. Mum gets home late, and is often too tired to take her out after a hard day at work.
She constantly wants to play, even when the other dogs don't. Chloe has arthritis, and Ella jumps all over her which makes Chloe scream in pain. Dexter is fairly fragile. He's almost 8 months old and only weighs 2.6lbs or so. Ella is tall, about 11 inches to the shoulder, and weighs about 9lbs.

Ella is a playful and extremely energetic 15 months old Chihuahua.
She is spayed, microchipped, and comes with pedigree papers. Her booster jab is due.
Would like to see her go to a home where she has lots of space to run around in and will be taken out for regular exercise.
She is very friendly and enjoys cuddles. Loves people but can dominate small dogs in the household. She doesn't know when to stop playing, so can get a little rough with the other dogs.
£250.

I just want her to go to the right home, and I thought that my best bet would be to ask the lovely people of this forum. This is breaking my heart, but it's for the best.

I'm in Mid Wales, not too far from Shropshire.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I am not sure if you are actually allowed to advertise dogs on here?

I think everyone should be aware that Chihuahua ARE dogs and even though small they do need longer walks every day! Purposely not saying anything more about that :silent:.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so sorry, I thought it was allowed :( If an admin sees this, please remove my post if it isn't allowed and I'm sorry for breaking any rules.
I do take my dogs for walks, and as much as possible. I'd like to also point out that this is mainly my mum's decision. I put this on here because I thought that this might be the best chance of her going to a fantastic home, and I'd get regular updates on her. Again, I'm really sorry if I broke any rules.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
No, you are fine once you are an established member with over 150 posts , you can rehome or sell here.

We do not allow links to puppy sale sites, breeders etc. as so many of them are dodgy and we can't be asked to figure out which are the dodgy ones and which are not!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
She's a gorgeous dog and if you feel like you cannot provide the excercise she needs to make her happy well then you are doing the right thing for her, just make sure that her new owner is aware that she needs a lot of play and excercise and is willing to provide it.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
It is allowed. I can't believe it... but it is... Good Grief!
To be honest, I think if I was selling one of my dogs or was buying a dog, this is exactly the place I would want to do so - much better than all those dodgy sites that every country has. Isn't it better that Lucy has an opportunity of being placed with a member here rather than someone off a newspaper ad?

Of course we are not a buying/selling site and it will always be carefully monitored - if we thought someone was here purely to do so we would not allow that. But as a service to genuine members it is helpful and in the dog's best interests.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
How we would define genuine cases is where we have come to know the members and know their dogs - there is a minimum posting of 150 posts before a member can sell anything, so we feel that by the time someone posts 150 times we have a fairly good idea as to whether their rehoming or selling of a pet is genuine or not.

I hope that answers all your questions Therese.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Very sad sale of Ella. (We originally called her Lucy but decided to keep her old name)
I would never rehome a dog unless I absolutely had to. In this case, it wouldn't be fair on Ella, or my other chihuahuas, to keep her. Ella needs LONG walks. A simple 15 minute walk isn't enough for her, but it's enough for our other dogs. We didn't know how energetic she was when we got her. I'm often ill, and can't take the dogs on a walk. Chloe, Dexter, and Toby can run around the garden when I'm ill, and that's enough for them. My mum once took Ella on a five mile walk and she still wanted more. Mum gets home late, and is often too tired to take her out after a hard day at work.
She constantly wants to play, even when the other dogs don't. Chloe has arthritis, and Ella jumps all over her which makes Chloe scream in pain. Dexter is fairly fragile. He's almost 8 months old and only weighs 2.6lbs or so. Ella is tall, about 11 inches to the shoulder, and weighs about 9lbs.

Ella is a playful and extremely energetic 15 months old Chihuahua.
She is spayed, microchipped, and comes with pedigree papers. Her booster jab is due.
Would like to see her go to a home where she has lots of space to run around in and will be taken out for regular exercise.
She is very friendly and enjoys cuddles. Loves people but can dominate small dogs in the household. She doesn't know when to stop playing, so can get a little rough with the other dogs.
£250.

I just want her to go to the right home, and I thought that my best bet would be to ask the lovely people of this forum. This is breaking my heart, but it's for the best.

I'm in Mid Wales, not too far from Shropshire.
I see from your other posts that you just got her three months ago at age 12 months.
So, since you didn't raise her from a pup, it's probably difficult to know how much
of her energy level is due to age and how much due to temperament.
I certainly understand the need to rehome a Chi that just cannot fit in with
your other dogs. I hope she finds a wonderful home.
Good luck Ella :love7:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
No, you are fine once you are an established member with over 150 posts , you can rehome or sell here.

We do not allow links to puppy sale sites, breeders etc. as so many of them are dodgy and we can't be asked to figure out which are the dodgy ones and which are not!
my goodness I didnt realise you could sell dogs on here either !!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I believe what you're doing is in Ella's best interests.

I know of several recent rehoming stories that worked out great.

I love it when my fosters go to homes that are even better than my own.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I'm not sure why people are being hypocritical to the op there are many members on this site who have adopted 1-2 chis and had them rehomed for various reasons no I do not recall them posting an ad specifically on here but yes there has been at least 2 that were rehomed to other members. Members have also purchasers puppies from other members.

I don't see the big deal id sleep better at night rehoming my dog here then unknown on Craigslist

Goodluck Ella hope you find a great home.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Chihuahua ARE dogs and even though small they do need longer walks every day! Purposely not saying anything more about that :silent:.
Well I'm going to purposely say something: I do NOT walk my dogs at all, and no-one is more aware than me that they "ARE" dogs and they are treated no different to any large dog I've ever owned.

Apart from their regular zoomies & playtime with a friend's dogs my 4 spend almost all day on my bed with me due to circumstances, and are perfectly happy, healthy, well adjusted dogs who happen to not get dragged around the block on the end of lead.

Please DO NOT make people feel guilty if they're not in a position to walk their dogs - it's their lifestyle & personal business, not anyone else's to make them feel like bad owners.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts