Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Feodore was booked in to get neutered on tuesday but I couldn't take him because I have been ill this week, so I had to ring up and cancel it. I was determined I would take him in, but when I woke up on tues morning I was dizzy and seeing as I had to carry him in my arms on the bus before and after the op, I had to say no as I did't trust myself, I would have ended up dropping him in the snow or throwing up over the poor baby. He was also supposed to be getting his front dew claws off and a retained baby tooth taken out.

So he got a "lucky escape" on tues but now Im abit unsure what to do. My boyfriend is going to pick up the new chi puppy soon, and I don't think its the right time to get him neutered just as the puppy is arriving, I don't want him to associate the arrival of the pup with being in pain and bad things happening, and also I don't want the pup to be bothering Feodore too much while he is recovering. (Feodore and the new pup or both males, so no danger of love being in the air and accidents happening if I wait). Do you think I should wait a while to re-schedhule it?

P.S. just so you know I'm not subconsciously trying to put it off on purpose lol, (as my boyfriend is teasing) I definately want him de-sexed as soon as its a good time.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
If it was me i would wait,with a male there's not the hurry as with a female.Maybe have them both done together when the time is right ?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I would wait until your feeling better and the new puppy is settled in, get well soon :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If you aren't having any marking or dominance problems I don't see any need to rush. Perhaps just wait till you're feeling better and the little one settles in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts