Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's Fern in her new basket (came complete with furry blue bone) :) The basket is slightly bigger than I thought but she loves it so I do too :love8: However, I'm still gonna get her the one I saw in [email protected] the other day which is smaller so I can swap and change them from time-to-time.
The paw print cushion part is actually a blanket which I've wrapped around the removable middle cushion as she loves it so much and I think it looks really nice. Without the blanket it's actually plain blue the same as the bone. In fact, here it is - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LUXURY-DOG-BED_W0QQitemZ150235503616QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item22fabbdc00&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301:1|293:1|294:30

Anyway, here's Fern :)

Ferny sitting in my hallway

Here are the basket shots...

I love this one especially, so cheeky - Nah Na Na Na Nah :p lol

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Her new basket is adorable, and she seems quite pleased with it too. What a cutie. I love her tongue sticking out. I don't know what it is about chi's and their tongues sticking out, but it is the cutest thing ever!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww, thanks everyone :)

I think the tongue thing and Chihuahuas is because they are bread down so small that it leaves their tongues too big for their mouths so they have to have it sticking out a bit. I think that is why their eyes bulge out too. Tongue and eyes are something that can't be made smaller so they are left with them too big for their little bodies.
Well that's my opinion anyway lol. I could be well off the mark lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Has she settled in well? Beautiful pics xx
Oh yes, so well. In fact she settled in straight away :) We thought that because she is 2 1/2 yr's old she'd really be sad and unsettled for a good while because of taking her away from all she's known, but no, she didn't even cry and wasn't sad or down one bit. I knew from the 3 1/2 hour car journey back home with her when she just slept on my knee and snuggled up that she was going to be just fine :)
She's took to the whole family but me especially. She goes everywhere with me, literally everywhere, and even sleeps in my bed with her little head resting either on my pillow or on my face i.e. cheek-to-cheek lol. It's so cute :love8:
She's spoiled rotten but deserves it all. I love her to bits and she's my little best friend. I wanted a dog that was going to be loving and that went everywhere with me i.e. my doggie best friend and I got that and so much more. I couldn't of wished for anything more, she's perfect :) Bless her!
I already own a 5 yr old Bichon Frise called Dougal. We got him from a puppie and I was expecting him to be a lap dog but as he's grown up he's got very independent and doesn't like cuddles or love :( He hates being fussed and picked up and would rather curl up on his own in his basket and go to sleep lol. I don't love him any less for this, in fact I love him to bits and he makes the whole family laugh as he's got such a unique, funny personality :D He's just not loving and into cuddles. Fern and Dougal are total opposites lol but I love them both equally!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts