Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol well in the 2nd pic, with most of his body on the pic in his crate...he was just falling down (like they do) :D and thats why he looks in a weird angle lol with his paws and legs a little mis-shapen :D

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
He's adorable. It's the white color of his paw that makes it look big. Don't worry about it. I've noticed it alot in pics.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
he is a slighltly larger pup (judging from the weight you said) but it just means there will be more of him to love :) he's extremley cute I still cant gage his size a coke can is usually the universal size indicator lol. If you find out the weight of his dad it would give you a rough idea of his possible size, was he still one of the smallest in the litter when you went to go collect him or did he catch up with the others?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was the smallest when born, but he soon got bigger, and was one of the biggest i think

And when i take him to vet, ill then get a proper weight reading hopefully

His dad was so petite and tiny, not sure on his weight!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Sandra1961 said:
He was the smallest when born, but he soon got bigger, and was one of the biggest i think

And when i take him to vet, ill then get a proper weight reading hopefully

His dad was so petite and tiny, not sure on his weight!
all chi's look petitebut from the photo I saw of the parents they werent exceptionally small and is often deceptive if you're not used to seeing them sooo I'd try and find out the weight of the dad as it's a good indicator, Nemo & Zero's dad was only about 2 1/2 -3lbs so thats why they're both on the smaller side eventhough Zero was the only pup in his litter.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen chihuahuas before, but before i visited Milos breeder, i hadnt interacted with one.

And like i have said lots of times...photos make things look alot bigger then what they are in real life.
I thought the parents were big in the pic, and was expecting big dogs.

So when i saw these tiny little petite parents...i couldnt believe my eyes! I was stunned

So, photos make them look big :)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Sandra1961 said:
I have seen chihuahuas before, but before i visited Milos breeder, i hadnt interacted with one.

And like i have said lots of times...photos make things look alot bigger then what they are in real life.
I thought the parents were big in the pic, and was expecting big dogs.

So when i saw these tiny little petite parents...i couldnt believe my eyes! I was stunned

So, photos make them look big :)
Well ur the one who said he was 2 1/2 lbs and that isnt small for 8 weeks it isnt huge it's slightly above average weight and u even commented it put him off the predicted weight chart. Just stating a fact hun weight can be deceptive Stitch is 4lbs and looks teeny but he still weighs that much.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, im not 100% sure on that weight though, cos my daughter did it, the best thing to do is to get the vet to do it :) Hopefully ill be going soon

Hes really small, and was the same size as all the litter (except for one who was so small, she unfortunately passed away from low blood sugar levels)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Ok but as I said find out his dads weight as it will give you a ballpark estimate for milo as to his eventual size. Best way to show his size is with a coke can as it's the same size everywhere.

thats Zero with a coffee mug at almost 9 weeks from what I remember. But at the end of the day all that matters is that you love him to bits and he's everything you hoped and wanted, have you managed to get a vet appointment for a checkup and worming yet?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no not yet, im planning on ringing up tomorrow and seeing if they can see him on Friday.

Yeah ill ask my breeder the dads weight.

and i have a photo of him next to a bottle of pickled onions (dont forget there same size everywhere i think)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I thought the jars came in different sizes lol plus I kinda dont eat them I think we had a post on here once of pups with coke cans to gage size see if you can find it but they're a good indictor also I'd hold his injections till he's 10-11 weeks to be safe but make sure you get wormer and a health check done.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts