Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally...something Bella will take for a treat...

As you some of you know Bella is a bit ( ;) ) fussy with what she will eat....for a treat I have tried every suggestion given to me to no avail....I thought the honey might just be the one she would not turn down....wrong....but this week I stumbled on something she will take...now not without certain requirements being met of course...........watermelon ! Can't be a cut too near the rind...can't be a piece to soft....but when I hit the right spot on the slice, she is in heaven...smacks her little lips....and it is a source of hydration to boot ! Also does not stay in her esophagus too long as I cut into tiny bites... I am over the moon, it has been so hard to have her not get any treats at all and with this success I feel so much better...and Izzy and Zari love it too :dance:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a note...I do know how to spell ...finally ....:D for some reason I can't correct the mistake with editing :rolleyes:

Izzy loves muskmelon..Bella won't take any as when it is soft enough for her, she doesn't like the taste :( and she can't have it when its firm :(

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also ALL of my kids love these:

PureBites® Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese Treats

It kind of melts in their mouth and even the picky eater Kate went crazy for it. Could Bella have those? You can find them at Petco and they are holistic

I have tried them and she loved them...but there was minute pieces in her regurg many hours later ...so nope..not for her... Iz and Zar love them too... everything she has must be like a thick milkshake consistency....the watermelon breaks down quickly so its ok...of course it has to be cut into tiny pieces so thin you can almost see thru them but none the less...she likes it and that is so wonderful for me to see her enjoying it...

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I have tried them and she loved them...but there was minute pieces in her regurg many hours later ...so nope..not for her... Iz and Zar love them too... everything she has must be like a thick milkshake consistency....the watermelon breaks down quickly so its ok...of course it has to be cut into tiny pieces so thin you can almost see thru them but none the less...she likes it and that is so wonderful for me to see her enjoying it...
Gotcha I was not sure. We use these for my cat Huly as he can not have any other treats and we need something to put his mushroom drops on. The chis have caught on and beg at Huly's cookie time so they get one each. I am so glad you found something that works though! :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Awesome! I know how great it feels when you finally find something they will take as a treat. Gemma is extremely fussy too. She will only eat her Acana kibble or a piece of cheese as treats. She even turned her nose up to ZP!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I always knew that Bella was a smart little girl! There's nothing better than watermelon. :) YUM YUM!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Apparently Juliet is a canine garbage can. That dog will eat anything that doesn't eat her first. I don't let her eat stuff, but if the kids drop something, she will snatch it before they can. She loves, loves, loves watermelon. Except she doesn't stop with the pink flesh. She was chowing down on the rind before I could get it away from her. I offered her a fresh triangle and dang if she didn't prefer the white (and green) part to the pink. Weird, weird little puppy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts