Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my baby playing in fiberglass insulation this morning...
I brought him to my parents house (they are remodeling) and hardly turned my back for a minute, and the next thing I knew he was tearing it up and Im not sure if he swallowed any!
I reacted really fast, searched his mouth for any signs, but I am positively terrified and just beside myself today! and I have to work until 6pm (its 8:30am now) .....
My parents leave at noon and will kennel him until 4:30 when my boyfriend can go pick him up, but should I board him at the vet today, just so someone can watch him all day???
If he swallowed it, it will kill him, won't it?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,271 Posts
if you are worried I would give the vet a ring - as you do need someone to watrch him for signs that he has eaten any - good luck and keep us posted - is he acting ok at the moment ? :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,578 Posts
oh no that's not too good !! i would make sure he's not unsupervised today !! and give the vet a ring , maybe he can supervise him for the day ?

kisses nat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I dont want to scare you any more but its not only swallowing - he couldve BREATHED some shards in. The problem is fibre glass is nasty crap nomatter what or who is near it. Its certainly a possibiliy to ask the vet about if you take him. I would say take him to the vet sooner and explain whats happened. If you wait and he has swallowed some it would pass thru his intestines causing trouble as they are delicate and small. Although - on the big plus side - if you had just swallowed a fibre shard I think it would be instantly obvious? coughing, crying out in pain? I know I would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not with him right now, he is at my mom's house (was supposed to spend the day at grama's you know)
She says he is acting fine at the moment, but I decided to have her bring him to the vet for the day (they call it puppy daycare) just so there will be
someone with him for the entire day to keep an eye on him...
:( I am so worried!
And I am supposed to be going on vacation Sunday morning for a week, so wow, everyone keep your fingers crossed!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, what about the inside of his mouth? he was chewing on it....
I guess I will just have him brought to the vet and they will take good care of him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
OMG call your vet immediately and I would give him a bath. definately call your vet Porsha was stung by bee's yesterday and I called the vet. you may not have to take your chi in they might just tell you what to watch for (simptoms) O I really hope nothings wrong with your baby. ill say a prayer for ya and let us know what ya find out.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,271 Posts
oh right I thought you had checked his mouth and it was fine, so lets get this straight there was some in his mouth and he was chewing on it ?

if yes then get him to the vet imediately as he has 100% chance of swallowing some if it was in his mouth

Keep us posted good luck :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He was chewing on it when I caught him, and I tried to search his mouth immediately when I found him, but I didn't see any stuck in his teeth or anything and he got really really mad at me and started growling and biting, so it was hard to really look...
We just gave him a bath and he is on his way to the vet...
I will keep you posted!!
Thanks for all the advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
any time there's a slight chance even if you are only like 40% sure that they ingested something, get them in for x-rays. i've seen many blockages and the longer you wait the more dangerous it becomes. good luck and please keep us posted :wave:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top