Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as mentioned in my other thread, I got jipped out of my job and am currently looking for a new one. I currently work 6 min away from my work and pop in every lunch time to see Fiddle.

Unfortunetely , there is not many, or really any jobs around my area. Meaning travel. and meaning Fiddle is left at home all by her self

(I had been led on to think I had a job in the place I currently worked but they gave it to someone else, If I had known this, I wouldnt have brought Fiddle into my life, because I hate leaving her at home all day)

Sofar the Idea of getting her a friend has been stomped on.

So does any one have an Ideas of what I can do?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I am sorry you have to leave Fiddle home while you work. I think she will be fine if you exercise her before you leave in the morning and then play with her when you get home. You might also look into a doggie day care for a day or two a week to encourage her to be social. Lots of people have to work and leave the pupsters home alone. She will adjust and you will too. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Lots of people own chis and have to go to work. To say that you wouldn't have brought her into your life because job circumstances changed--she's brought you so much love and from the sound of things, she's also given you stability. Life is always throwing curve balls at us and we always manage to find our way. I truly believe that there's a reason for everything. Fiddle will manage without you for a few hours when you find a job and you'll both have something to look forward to when you get home. It will work out, just try to stay positive. Fiddle loves you very much and I think she'll understand.

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Leave the TV on or a radio on.... something familiar that she hears.... she will be fine....maybe a mirror??? she might think/feel there is another chi there...

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I agree leave some music on. Leave her something safe to chew, as well as some toys to snuggle and her bed, and keep her world small rather than bigger while you're gone. The 1st 6 months I had Oakley she was home by herself all day. I hated it too :(

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
My oh leaves cartoons on for prada lol!!! I agree with walking her or the daycare but that can get expensive she will adjust! Chewys like the others suggested kong with frozen peanut butter etc! It will work out!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I still say get a second lol!!! But like others said, put on a radio. And maybe you could get a camera to watch her. I leave the girls home a lot when I'm at my mom and dads during the week, since I'm running errands a lot. They do just fine.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sorry you have to leave Fiddle home while you work. I think she will be fine if you exercise her before you leave in the morning and then play with her when you get home. You might also look into a doggie day care for a day or two a week to encourage her to be social. Lots of people have to work and leave the pupsters home alone. She will adjust and you will too. Best of luck to you.
Lots of people own chis and have to go to work. To say that you wouldn't have brought her into your life because job circumstances changed--she's brought you so much love and from the sound of things, she's also given you stability. Life is always throwing curve balls at us and we always manage to find our way. I truly believe that there's a reason for everything. Fiddle will manage without you for a few hours when you find a job and you'll both have something to look forward to when you get home. It will work out, just try to stay positive. Fiddle loves you very much and I think she'll understand.
Leave the TV on or a radio on.... something familiar that she hears.... she will be fine....maybe a mirror??? she might think/feel there is another chi there...
I agree leave some music on. Leave her something safe to chew, as well as some toys to snuggle and her bed, and keep her world small rather than bigger while you're gone. The 1st 6 months I had Oakley she was home by herself all day. I hated it too :(
My oh leaves cartoons on for prada lol!!! I agree with walking her or the daycare but that can get expensive she will adjust! Chewys like the others suggested kong with frozen peanut butter etc! It will work out!
Thank you all so much for your suggestions and support. I love her so much and it rips my heart out to know that she is alone all day.

I will definately try the radio, she isnt near the tv so she will deal with just radio for now

Will also buy her a whole bunch of new toys, now that I have a legit excuse!

I hope so much that she adjusts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts