Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiddle, as a pup, would occasionally pick up one of her back legs and skips a few steps before putting it back down and using it again. So i have always been a hawk watching for any increase in this behaviour as it screams LP to me.

Recently Fiddle has been picking up the leg more often and for longer periods of time. So I made the trip to the vet yesterday to get her checked.

Thankfully Fiddle's kneecaps are in great shape! I need to watch closely to see where this seems to happen more, indoors/outdoor etc to see if it could simply be something getting stuck in her lil paw pads - which are still quite soft as she spends most of her time inside, or on grass :)

This was such a worry and stress for me! But as Fiddle has done the majority of her growing now, she is unlikely to experience issues for the next few years!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Tango does that occasionally too but the vet assures me that there are no knee or hip issues that are causing it. I've tried to be watchful to see if there's a particular behavior that causes it, or what he does just prior, but I've been able to ascertain NO pattern at all.

Glad she checked out ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts