Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I thought Fiddle was fine. But my family thought she was thin. I fed her more, she didnt get bigger around the hips (the 'skinny' part of her, in reality its the dogs shape) and now she is begining to get neck rolls...

what do you guys think??

Sorry I dont have alot of photos that really show it... but here are some?

Excuse my big ole head haha I was showing my cousin how she perches herself on me haha

I know its not bad now, but it looks like it is heading that way.... I want to stop it before it gets worse

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She looks a normal weight to me. I don't think she's fat at all. The neck rolls may just be the way her neck is. I think she looks fine!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quigley has neck rolls and my sweet Little Lady had them also. I think a lot of the Chi's do. Fiddle is such a pretty little girl!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
She is perfect !! My Maeve is sitting here looking at the pictures and said..OMG what a cute puppy !! Fiddle is darling and fit s welll...sorry could help myself...

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She looks perfect to me! She is such a cutie too! Such sweet pics! : )

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She looks a normal weight to me. I don't think she's fat at all. The neck rolls may just be the way her neck is. I think she looks fine!
lol Its so funny, its like the only spot she is rolly haha

Quigley has neck rolls and my sweet Little Lady had them also. I think a lot of the Chi's do. Fiddle is such a pretty little girl!
Really? I guess I dont get to see a lot of Chi's other than photo's or pup's :)

She looks good from what I can tell. Sweet girl she is... :love5:
Naww Thanks. Im feeling better now!

I think she looks perfect....so cute!!! Lacey has neck rolls too and she is only a pound and a half.
Its odd how they get rolly in one spot haha. but good to know fiddle isnt aloe :daisy:

She looks fine to me, and she is gorgeous

Thanks!!!

She is perfect !! My Maeve is sitting here looking at the pictures and said..OMG what a cute puppy !! Fiddle is darling and fit s welll...sorry could help myself...
Nawww lol Thanks haha

She looks perfect to me! She is such a cutie too! Such sweet pics! : )
Naww thanks! I love how she curl up under my neck when i lay down!!

She looks lovely to me!
Thanks so much!

Some chis just have tiny hinies :) Trig is like that...LOL cracks me up. But he doesn't gain weight there no matter what.
OMG LOL Tiny hinies haha. I am officially using that to explain her lil tushh haha

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
She looks perfect to me too. I agree with Quigley's Mom... a lot of chi's have that. Roxy is only 3.5 pounds, and she has neck rolls sometimes. It depends on how she's laying too. Fiddle looks great!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
She looks perfect to me. Some chi's have more of thicker neck. Willow always has. No matter how big or small she gets she always has an excess of skin around her neck.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
She looks fine to me. Tico has neck rolls. The vet said he is at perfect weight, so I guess it is just his body's make-up. He has the short cobby body with a short neck.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i think she looks perfect :) , i do understand about the neck roll thingy though as i noticed Keona got them as she got older and Myami well lets just say she is one big roll lol fatty boomba she is haha

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I only see super cuteness--no fat. :)
Bizkit has a very narrow rear section too.
Thanks!

Girl I can't find a roll!! She's tiny and adorable :) Leila perches on my shoulder all the time. lol They think they are Parrots haha
Hahaha! Yes they absolutely do!! My love to hate it moment with Fiddle is when I am layin down and using my phone, she will come and plonk herself down right in my line of sight, so its only here I can see.

She doesnt want my attention though, just to sleep haha

She looks perfect to me too. I agree with Quigley's Mom... a lot of chi's have that. Roxy is only 3.5 pounds, and she has neck rolls sometimes. It depends on how she's laying too. Fiddle looks great!
Naww thanks! I dont get to see many other chi's except for photos on here, I was just worried about being overweight and the stress on her bones and hypoglyceimia and so on lol.

She looks perfect to me. Some chi's have more of thicker neck. Willow always has. No matter how big or small she gets she always has an excess of skin around her neck.
Fiddle has alot of excess skin around her body to. Its good when I check her for fleas, you can make it roll and see better :hello1:

She looks fine to me. Tico has neck rolls. The vet said he is at perfect weight, so I guess it is just his body's make-up. He has the short cobby body with a short neck.
I guess its just the way the body is made up then? Like people ?

i think she looks just fine! :) btw i love the harness wheres it from!? :D
Parkavenuedogs.com

They're great, pretty and practical!

i think she looks perfect :) , i do understand about the neck roll thingy though as i noticed Keona got them as she got older and Myami well lets just say she is one big roll lol fatty boomba she is haha
Nawww poor Myami lol is she really that big? she doesnt look it lol

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Draco has always had a ruff around his neck, even when he is nonchunky....Fiddle looks wonderful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts