Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh my goodness, what a wonderful gift at the end of what has been a very stressful and painful time for you.. Is Roxy or Fifi raising him? He is such a precious little boy and you must be so very happy to have him well and home. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fifi is too scared of him at the mo we are still trying but at the moment he needs milk and a mother dogs milk is the best for him and he is getting the closeness so we are letting Roxy do that. If Fifi does become intrested we will see what to do then....

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Bless Roxy.. she needs the baby and the baby needs her right now.. And poor Fifi, who has been thru major surgery, can enjoy some much needed rest. Please keep us updated on the baby and both girls. Deb

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
emma hes just georgous!!! i have to comend you, some peope dont know how good a chi mama you are, i really enjoy talkng to you, i feel i know you and your family human and fur personaly
cant wait to see him grow week by week

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So glad you have a surrogate on hand. It's not uncommon for c-section moms to not produce milk right away after surgery, not to mention the pain.... *ouch*. They wake up from surgery and have missed the birth so they can reject the puppies, not knowing where they came from.

I'm glad that Roxy is letting him nurse so he gets that very important first milk, the colostrum, that contains antibodies and will help him get off to a good start. There's no substitute for colostrum!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Truly amazing...these little miracles of life. They change so fast...I hope mom Fifi feels better soon and can share in the parenting of the pup...have you thought of a name yet?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
oh gosh, hes a gorgeous lil boy! :) He looks big. How much does he weigh? I am glad Roxy is getting the chance to look after him and that he is getting the love and care he needs while his mama Fifi recovers from her surgery.
Keep us posted on your little darlings :)

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
So sad reading your threads on the births.

But it is good to see Fifi with the pup, she needs to nurse and poor Roxy needs her rest, so it worked out well with the pup - I hope they both recover ok.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am glad to here Fifi puppy is doing good.And that Roxy has a puppy.To bad Fifi is scared of it.But she needs rest anyway and might be to sore to nurse anyway.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for all your support, roxy is feeding him but not really being his mum I have to make her lie down and put him on her sometimes she cleans him sometimes doesn't but that's ok I can do the rest. I have my alarm set for every 2 hours so wish me luck on my first night.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I am wishing you luck..your halo is shining bright !! No sleep for days and you have the whole lot of them depending on you. The baby looks lovely..his rear end looks big..maybe it is just the picture. You've done so well by your girls. It is so unusual that both would have a singleton pregnancy and such a risky delivery. If you hadn't acted so fast things wouldn't have turned out so well for them. Well done there...have a good evening...pet those chi-s for me !!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Aww bess he is adorable and looks healthy too.
Glad Roxy is able to feed him.
Hope Fifi is feeling better soon.
Give them all a wee kiss from me. xxx

·
Registered
898 Posts
OH my goodness I totally missed something!!! I thought you lost him!!1 Goodness I need to go read the other thread! Well whatever, i'm so happy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts