Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the promised pics of Fifi wearing what all well-dressed Chi girls are wearing in the Great White North this year - "Long Johns" (actually a "dress" made from the leg of my bf's old ski long johns), Parka and Muttluks!

Waiting at the door to go out on today's Snow Trek:

Embarking on her Arctic Adventure:

Surveying the Tundra (AKA the yard behind our apartment building):

On the trail of something - could be a Wabbit!

Nope! I think she just took off for home to get warm on the couch!

"HEY!! I told you to put that camera away! I HATE it when you take pictures of my bad side!!" :foxes15:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
She is so cute.I love the coat and booties.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LOL SO cute! No way she could have a bad side, she's too adorable! Love the gear LOL Funny she actually wears the boots! Mine would have kicked them off by now or have been walking like crazy! Your baby is wearing them good!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
LOL what a cutie in that gear!
She didnt seem to mind those boots either, mine would have went nuts to get them off. lol

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
That is so funny!! I giggle when I think she's all bundled up nice & warm for the snow & I just went out to shovel our 15" of snow & noticed one of my Chi's had run around their play yard in the buff! (they use a doggy door that goes to an enclosed potty area with walls & a roof & off of that they have access to a fenced in play yard). I'm glad Fifi is kept nice & warm. My lot likes to live on the wild side I guess. :lol:

And yes, those boots look nice! Jacket too! Very cute attire. :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
very cute! i wish mine would wear those boots so there feet wouldnt get so cold. minnie especially only can go out for a short time when it snows. they wont even let me put the boots on them, i have tried :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I LOVE IT! Hahaha. I've been laughing for a good 2 minutes straight now. Your baby looks SO CUTE!!!! You know she'll be very warm! I've been wanting to get Roxy some boots, but I'm afraid she'll hate them so much!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Boot training

I LOVE IT! Hahaha. I've been laughing for a good 2 minutes straight now. Your baby looks SO CUTE!!!! You know she'll be very warm! I've been wanting to get Roxy some boots, but I'm afraid she'll hate them so much!
Yes, actually it was quite the process to get Fifi to wear the boots at first - she wouldn't even move in them at first! Timm-berrr! just like a tree! She literally fell right on her side when I first put them on her feet, and lay flat on her back with all of her feet pointing up in the air! :D

Then when I took her outside the first few times, I'd stand her up on her boots and she'd refuse to move, just stood there like a mule and I'd drag her a few inches and she'd refuse to do "her business" - then she'd do it on the carpet inside the door as soon as she got back in the house. :foxes15:

But, it didn't take Fifi long to figure out how to walk, run and even jump in those little boots when she learned that that was the only option for going outside and "doing her business", and now she clip-clops along in them, just like a pony! And, she gets a lot of attention from passersby when she wears them! :hello1: :cool:

Now, if it's snowy outside, and Fifi happens to lose a boot - she stops right away and cries like a baby - until I turn around and put that boot right back on her foot "IT'S COOOLD, MOMMA!!!" and she shivers and won't move an inch until the boot is back on! Then she clops away like a pony when the boots are back on!:hello1:

I have a video available if anyone is interested - let me know and I will post it! :coolwink:

If you need some tips on how to get them to tolerate wearing the booties, just pm me - it just takes some fave treaties and a lot of patience and "dry runs" so to speak! ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think she is so cute, something about her little face makes me think she just has the softest sweetest little personality. And OMG her all ready to go out...she hates you, mom!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A few newer pics...

These may have to go in the "other breeds" section, I'm not sure of the rules here, so Mods please feel free to slap me on the wrist if needed, and I'll move them to a new thread there!

They were taken the day after the original pics, but I forgot to upload them from my camera until now. We got a few inches more snow. These pics include Fifi's "big brother" ex-racing Greyhound, Sting, as well as our feline "concierge" and Fifi's partner-in-crime, Thunder, who always greets us at the door as we come in from our snowy excursions. Sting has his Ninja Winter Survival uniform on, as you will see! Thunder doesn't need any special clothing - he's already earned his stripes! :D

Fifi braving the deeper drifts...

...and not too thrilled about it!

Sting, the Ninja Master of Frozen Doom, surveying his territory

Here he is again - actually quite the sweetheart; I'm often asked if he's a deer or a small horse! Most assume Sting is a girl because of his "eye-liner"

Thunder, checking Fifi out as soon as she gets in the door to make sure she's OK after her ordeal in the snow!

Now that he knows we've all survived with all of our limbs intact, Thunder can rest in peace (and get his spotty belly rubbed in reward for his efforts!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts