Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me

I have a 11 year old chihuahua who has always had the attention and affection. Recently got another chihuahua who is now 9 months, and they are constantly fighting! It's breaking my heart.
I can't seem to show my pup chihuahua affection or attention without my older chi getting jealous she doesn't growl she just has the look which instantly the younger pup notices and then she starts growling and that's when they fight

I tell both of them off and don't favour just one of them but it's not working. I feel it's getting worse!
Anyone got any advice?

Sarah

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Is your new dog neutered/spayed? If not this has the potential for fighting. One will want to be 'top' dog. The 'look' that your 11 year old is giving the pup is the 'start' of the fight. If you interupt the look with a warning such as 'no-look at me' it might help.You need to instantly change the situation they are in. When they fight have they ever drawn blood? I had an older dog about the same age as yours, that every single morning 'took down the young dog'. Made sure the pup was aware of the fact she was 'top dog' Lots of snarling and showing of teeth, but no fighting ever from the pup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts