Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm feeding Rosemary The Honest Kitchen Grain free base mix which I got from Amazon

Out of curiosity I wondered if any of you feed or have fed your dogs THK dehydrated food. I like it and my dog absolutely loves it. I was also wondering about raw meaty bones. I figure she should have some with her meal every now and again but I'm not sure how often or what kind because she is a gulper. (I need to pop over to the rmb thread again)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome to the raw club! I feed the prey model raw diet, and my dog gets a chicken neck or a chicken wing section three days a week. The bone meal is the same size as all his other meals. (For example, Gobo dog eats 1.25 oz at each meal, so each bony meal is 1.25 oz or as close as I can get.) I had to teach my dog to chew by holding one end of the chicken neck while he worked on it. My dog is a tall, long, skinny 4 pounds, and he can safely swallow the end of the neck, but he does chew well enough now that I don't supervise him directly anymore. I do always keep an ear on him, though!

Tip: a chicken neck or section of a large chicken wing averages 2 oz. You can weigh a few pieces in a batch and see what the pieces weigh on average, then you don't have to weigh every time you feed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advice! I've written these tips down. I've purchased salmon oil to mix in and will be getting a kitchen scale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts