Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*drumroll* .................

She weighs 2lbs and will be 14 weeks tomorrow!

I actually guessed she'd weigh 2lbs so I was spot on. If she were to follow the Chi weight chart, she would weigh 4lbs as an adult, but I've heard that the weight chart isn't all that accurate or consistent. Considering I don't know how much she's weighed during her previous life stages, I can't really compare her to the weight chart pattern.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
She is still so little! Penny was charting at 4lbs when I first got her, and now she is a whopping 9 lbs lol. Sometimes the charts can be a little off I suppose :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Caitlin, Chloe has been spot on with the weight chart for 5 weeks now... to the ounce. Now thats not to say it is accurate tot the final rate but she is gain weight to end up an adult weight of 4lbs too!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is still so little! Penny was charting at 4lbs when I first got her, and now she is a whopping 9 lbs lol. Sometimes the charts can be a little off I suppose :)
Wow, she's a big girl! I never knew she was so big from looking at her pictures. How old was she when you got her?

Caitlin, Chloe has been spot on with the weight chart for 5 weeks now... to the ounce. Now thats not to say it is accurate tot the final rate but she is gain weight to end up an adult weight of 4lbs too!
Ah, cool! I like 4lbs, it's a nice weight. :) How old is Chloe now? I did not meet Gemma's parents, but the breeder told us they were both small. Her mother definitely looks quite petite from the pictures I've seen.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
She was 9 weeks. Yeah, it is hard to tell from her photos. She is shorter than Lion who is about 6 1/2 lbs but very stocky. Im trying to get her to lose a little weight because she is a bit chunky :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She was 9 weeks. Yeah, it is hard to tell from her photos. She is shorter than Lion who is about 6 1/2 lbs but very stocky. Im trying to get her to lose a little weight because she is a bit chunky :)
Wow, 4lbs at 9 weeks? Big girl! Yes, I always thought she was smaller than Lion from the pictures of them. Must be because she is shorter.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
im in Australia so i weigh mine in KG /grams , all mine have worked out pretty spot on with the chart other than it was off by around 100 to 200 grams :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
She is a little girl! Chloe was 2.5 lbs on Thursday. She's going to be 14 weeks on Friday. Chloe hasn't followed the chart. When I got her she was charting 3.5 pounds. Now she's charting 4.5 pounds. So, who knows. I'm not going to count on the chart just in case.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Oops, what I meant was she was charting to be 4 lbs at 8 weeks ( she weighed a bit over a pound then) and she turned out be be about double that size.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im in Australia so i weigh mine in KG /grams , all mine have worked out pretty spot on with the chart other than it was off by around 100 to 200 grams :)
Ah, yes, we use kg/grams in Sweden as well but I am from the U.S. so I am used to lbs. She weighed .9kg on the scale, but we switched the units to lbs for me after so I could get a better understanding.

She is a little girl! Chloe was 2.5 lbs on Thursday. She's going to be 14 weeks on Friday. Chloe hasn't followed the chart. When I got her she was charting 3.5 pounds. Now she's charting 4.5 pounds. So, who knows. I'm not going to count on the chart just in case.
Chloe is little too! It seems like a lot don't end up following the chart, so I won't rely on it either. I can't see Gemma reaching over 5lbs though from the size of her structure and the size of her parents.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Baby charted 3.5 lbs and at 6 years old she's 6 lbs lol she could maybe lose 1lb she's not really chunky but not skinny either lol
Seems like the chart is not very accurate. ;)

Oops, what I meant was she was charting to be 4 lbs at 8 weeks ( she weighed a bit over a pound then) and she turned out be be about double that size.
OH! Lol, okay. When you said 4lbs at 9 weeks I was like HOLY SMOKES! Haha, that makes a bit more sense, though.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I am chuckling at Missy's comment "Sometimes the charts can be a little off I suppose"...haha! 4 lbs. or 9 lbs. Close enough. That made me laugh!!

I looked at the girl's charts.

Hope was 2lbs. at 12 weeks. Ruby was 2 lbs. at 14 weeks. Both are right at 4.0 lbs. now at 20-ish months.

We did not get Eden until 8 months and she was 3.0 lbs. She is now 3.6 lbs. at 16 months.

The big girls followed the chart very closely. They were charted from as young as we had them to be 3 3/4 lbs.-4.0 lbs. and they are 4.0.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ah, yes, we use kg/grams in Sweden as well but I am from the U.S. so I am used to lbs. She weighed .9kg on the scale, but we switched the units to lbs for me after so I could get a better understanding.

Myami was around the higher end of that weight at 9weeks old , she is overweight a bit now but weighs 2.9kg which is 6.4lb , cant remember how big keona was at that age but was alot smaller than myami lol keona now weighs 4.7lb

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Chloe is little too! It seems like a lot don't end up following the chart, so I won't rely on it either. I can't see Gemma reaching over 5lbs though from the size of her structure and the size of her parents.
'

I feel the same way. I don't see how she could be much more than about 5 pounds. Chloe is really thin. She's already lost her puppy fat it seems. One of my friends has a chi that's 7.5 pounds. She said that hers weighted more than Chloe does now when he was 8 weeks when she got him. I really want her to be within the standard size.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Benny was 2.3 lbs when we first brought him home at 10 weeks old. He will be 6 months old on June 5th, I weighed him yesterday at 4 lbs 4 3/4 oz..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Milo was weighed yesterday and he's now a gigantic 3.6lbs at 17 weeks :) I think he's charting a 5.5 lbs. His Mum was 6lbs and his dad was 4lbs, so it makes sense really.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts