Chihuahua People Forum banner
161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Aw sorry to hear this. Will his breeder not take him back?

I always ask that if there are any problems to get back in touch and I will take the puppy back.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
i have a 3 month old short haired male for sale have to sell him as i am not able to look after him due to my ill health
If you are happy that he came from a good breeder, then please return him, it's what they would want too.
If the breeder has been less than supportive and you would worry about returning him, please contact Chihuahua Rescue or a reputable local rescue for help.

His breeder should be the first option, if they are decent people, if you have doubts about them and his future welfare, contact rescue. Sure you will lose money, but a dogs welfare should come first.

G

·
When i sell a puppy in the bill of sale it will say that at any time you want to let the puppy go i will have he or she back!!! I would be very angry if they sold the puppy on!!........ And not let me know.....I like to know were all my puppies are!!........So i would ring the breeder to let them know your thinking of letting the puppy go........All the best with this............Angie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello everyone! Hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend. I am thrilled to have found this site as I recently bought a book on all the various dog breeds and have subsequently decided the chihuahua is the dog for me!

I live in W1, London and hope to rescue two chihuahuas. The dogs would be alone from 11:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday and so I will need to hire a reputable dog walker to take them out at lunch time each day. Do you think that will be ok? Or is that too long for them to be alone? I thought having two dogs would help mitigate for the hours when I am away.

Does anyone live near me as I would love to have a chat to learn more about how to care for chis. I have ordered "chihuahuas for dummies" from Amazon but I think there is only so much you can gain from a book.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone know of a breeder who breeds merle puppies ???? I have an american friend who breeds them and thyey are so pretty but i'v not seen any in the UK for sale 'Any help please

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I love them too,i saw on an advert there was a breeder in Aberdeen but dont know how good or bad they are?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi all Im not sure if it's been mentioned but I just want to recommend the kennel clubs find a puppy service... We were searching for lola for months and getting no where fast.. We had breeders trying to sell us puppies without seeing them and trying to sell puppies without their papers for £800-900 we nearly gave up until my friend recommended the kennel club you select ur desired breed and your location... And you knowvyour getting a kc registered pup from reputable breeders!!! Here's the link...
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/psar/Default.aspx

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It is a good source Chandoll however it does not guarantee that they are reputable - unfortunatley the KC DO NOT check out these breeders and just because they have the AB symbol on their advert also means nothing - the KC do not police the AB which is why many people WILL NOT join it.

Out of the long coat breeders advertised on there I have heard of only 2 names on there and personally only know 1 on them which I would willingly recommend.

On the smooth coats I know of 3 and personally only 1 of them.

At the end of the day the KC does not actually reccommend these people but allow them to be paid for advertising their puppies.

My personal opinion is that you should buy from someone who has been reccommended to you in your area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello! I am looking to get my first chi in approx 6 months, and I am researching good breeders to get one from. I am in Cornwall. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Contact the British Chihuahua Club, they will be able to put you in touch with breeders in that area. Loads of scams on the internet at the minute so please be careful

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,
Im new and from the UK. I am looking for a white, smooth coated KC bitch. I have 4 chihuahuas at the moment, but all long coated. I'd reallly like a smooth coated. I realise whites are few and far between especially if they are KC, but I dont mind waiting. I know what I want and she'll be worth the wait. :)

161 - 180 of 182 Posts