Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally gotten that other half to agree to getting another Chi now. Only problem is is that I'm having trouble finding one I like. I want a girl and I can't afford more than about £600 maybe £800 for the perfect chi. The other problem is that I don't drive so I can't go a huge distance. Does anyone have any good places to look for a Chi in the UK?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yayy that is so exciting! I've been thinking I may want another as well..Oscar is 2-3 and I work random shifts so I'd love him to have a friend :) I've thought about another rescue but honestly, the pet store he was being adopted out of ( was sent fr Vegas from a rescue) was awful and I hate te idea of continuing to support what they are doing. I also hesitate to adopt from craigslist etc as who knows what health issues etc are involved. I would love a puppy but then again I worry about Oscar being too dominate and jealous . You are golden though, I'm sure you're puppy would be overjoyed to have a playmate!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Shut the front door!! Yay!! That was much faster than I thought! Go Melissa! Sorry I can't help much w searching but I can't wait to see the potentials! Happy hunting and please post as you go!! Xoxoxox!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
How exciting!! I was just looking at a breeders site in the UK this morning with two gorgeous male pet quality pups, but you are after a female.....

Links to pet selling sites isn't allowed on the forum - sooooo many of them are dodgy, but there's nothing to stop people messaging you the names of breeders they know or believe to be responsible breeders:)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I would try to start with the Kennel Club website or local chi clubs. If they are anything like the ones in the States, they should be able to help at least point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Oops sorry, I didn't know.

I'm racing through Pets4Homes and some of the girls that have been uploaded in the last hour or so are to die for, specially a little smooth coat fawn with chocolate mask, sigh, if only we were able to import easily.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm in the USA so I can't help you find one, but just wanted to say good luck on finding another baby!! I know I'll be wanting another baby when Tucker gets about a year old or so! ;) Chi's sure do take over your heart!

Tucker's mommy

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Yeah, it's every dodgy, terrible chihuahua breeders dream to get extra advertising on a forum which is devoted to chis - some of the bigger breeders just seem to churn them out weekly :(

Everyone knows their own country's dodgy dog selling sites, so there's no need to advertise them here! that's where I bought my first "chihuahua" - a 14 pounder with no chi in him at all!! he was likely way younger than the 10 weeks they told me he was so that he would pass as a tiny dog :( and they are still advertising frequent litters :(

Your dog is going to be with you up to maybe 18 years - do your homework and make no impulsive buys, all pups are "cute" but if you want a chihuahua make sure you get one:)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work a long day on Friday so Mylo would be home from 11ish to 6 or 7 when my other half gets home. At the moment he goes to my sister's but it was only meant to be until he was trustworthy on his own. We leave him in our spare bedroom now with his crate and toys, puppy pad, food and water but I still don't like the thought of leaving him on his own that long. I'd love a little girl and I've always wanted two dogs so I'd rather get the puppy part out of the way in one go! My sister has agreed to have both pups on a Friday until they can both be left alone and any holidays so we're all good! And it just so happens. Hat my mum gave me some money so I don't have to save up!

All the ones I've found are either far away or boys. I'm going to take my time and make sure it's the perfect one though because this is likely to be the last dog I get for a good 15 years or more. If anyone could PM me any good breeders around my area I'd be grateful.

I've looked at the KC website but there doesn't seem to be any breeders in my area. There are about two I think. I want a girl, preferably puppy, an interesting colour... I don't want another black one. I love ones with black masks, interesting markings, red or chocolate. Long coat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts