Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lily keeps doing that,took her to the vets he said too much stomach acid gave her some peppermint stuff she's been ok ,then yesterday she bought up Bile,could be an empty stomach as well ?????

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sounds like a bile vomit which happens from an empty stomach. They start anticipating food and they produce acid and then get sick.

A couple ways to prevent it ..... give a snack right at bedtime, that holds them through the night. Secondly, vary your feeding times so he doesn't know when he will be fed. Don't have a set schedule. Vary it by an hour or more either way. That will solve the problem. :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
This is bile (yellow) that he is throwing up. Very upsetting to the tummy. Quick fix: food. Feed him a milkbone or any other treat at bedtime. a little kibble left in his bowl helps. If he is a vigorous eater, then leaving down kibble at night won't work. Nothing really to be concerned about. A piece of toast at night also works. Sue

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
well he eats at the same times pretty much everyday. and it wasn't past time!? worried me to death :( He's never done that ever!
Don't worry Dottie does it sometimes as well without anything coming up,as Tracy says feed at different times that's what i'm going to do as i always have set times as my Sheltie won't leave me alone till i feed him then i have to feed the others.Well he's going to wait from now on:D

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Jerry is my OCD dog. He anticipates everything and often throws up before breaksfast or dinner. I try to give him a snack between meals :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That happened to Lacey months ago. She vomited in the middle of the night. Didnt know I should feed. She vomited several more times...even after being fed. Had to have an injection from vet to settle her tummy. Lesson learned. Give snack before bed ;) Glad little Finn is feeling better!!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ditto Tracy. We get those every once in a while. Nothing at all to worry about...he was probably just hungry. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yep, we have a bile tummy girl here too. Sometimes she gets so excited anticipating she'll vomit neon yellow.

As long as it doesn't happen all the time you're fine.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i sure hope little finn stop the throw ups sounds like what buster has done a few differant times he always seems fine afterwards

·
Registered
383 Posts
I also get how scary this is, my Kira started vomiting the lovely neon yellow bile about a month and a half ago, several times in the middle of the night. I made an appointment with the vet quickly because she also has a liver disease and this is one of the symptoms that the liver is in distress.
Anyway, the first thing my vet suggested was to feed her a bed time snack and a few extra snacks inbetween meals. Within a couple of days Kira was feeling better.

I hope Finn is feeling better

·
Registered
454 Posts
My girls do this occassionally and sometimes the pit bulls do as well. I usually just give them a few bites of kibble and then wait for their tummy to settle and then feed as usual. Ellie is my most nervous and she does it the most often. I try to be sure that she gets a snack at bedtime but she isn't the best eater so she often will leave it alone. I hope his tummy feels better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts