Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighborhood is very active and enthusiastic about their 4th July fireworks. :D I've lived in places where it's illegal to set them off, but around here, it's not. There is a fireworks stand practically on every block, a nice park down the block in my neighborhood, and a lake a half mile away. That combination means that the fireworks go on ALL NIGHT LONG!

I am SO grateful that my dogs aren't freaked out by that kind of noise, at least not scared of it. Tango was very alert the whole night, barked at the louder noises, but for the most part they were both pretty chill. Jazz sat up or stood up every time Tango barked, but she's my silent one so she didn't actually vocalize anything. A couple of times Tango jumped on my desk to look out my window (my computer faces the backyard) because my neighbor across the backyard was setting off some fireworks around her pool area and Tango couldn't figure out the flashes of colored light lol!

My poor sweet family dog of some years ago, Lucky the mutt, was absolutely freaked out at fireworks, thunder, any loud booming noise. He would shake and hide, and nothing would console him. It was actually a blessing when deafness came with his advancing age. Compared to him, Tango and Jazz were completely unfazed by the noise. My only complaint was that it went on so late that I'm short on sleep today!

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Lucky you! I ended up with four dogs on my lap, trembling. It wasn't just Delilah. But one nice thing, it was all over by 10:30.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
We didn't have any firework near us so I don't know how Zoey would react, but I would hope she would be like Tango and Jazz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts