Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to make a harness for ages and finally did it yesterday. It's not perfect... there's some improvement needed, but it turned out better than I expected. For the next one I'm going to use a thicker fabric for the inner layer and will adjust the cut to make it fit better. Just thought I'd share a picture of Lilo modelling it. :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been wanting to make a harness for ages and finally did it yesterday. It's not perfect... there's some improvement needed, but it turned out better than I expected. For the next one I'm going to use a thicker fabric for the inner layer and will adjust the cut to make it fit better. Just thought I'd share a picture of Lilo modelling it. :p

Very nice looking harness. I wish I could sew.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
p.s instead of wastin fabric that wont be seen inside the layers see if u can find interfacing around you or online. there's many different kinds but i love the iron on ones for lighter materials or u can work with a fleece interfacing which is a bit tougher to sew but well worth the sturdiness <3 hope this helps!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awww brilliant! I noticed the pic first and thought the harness was store-bought, then I noticed your description. Lilo is a very beautiful model! I can't seem to make harnesses only clothes but need to buy a decent sewing machine as sick of getting sore fingers from hand sewing. You could start your own business :D! x x x

Reactions: coco_little_bear

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great job! We all make mistakes on our first try but once u keep on makin it it'll come out better and better! ^_^
p.s instead of wastin fabric that wont be seen inside the layers see if u can find interfacing around you or online. there's many different kinds but i love the iron on ones for lighter materials or u can work with a fleece interfacing which is a bit tougher to sew but well worth the sturdiness <3 hope this helps!
Thanks! That's a good idea, I'll look into it and see if the fabric stores near me sell some. :) And it's very true that the only way to get better is to make mistakes.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow very Impressive well done! How did you make it?
I like the idea of having a handmade one as I could personalise it, it looks so cute x
Thanks! :) Yeah that's the great thing about handmade things, being able to get exactly what you want and the right size. I made the pattern based on a vest harness I already have. Maybe I'll make a tutorial video (or pictures) next time. :D

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awww brilliant! I noticed the pic first and thought the harness was store-bought, then I noticed your description. Lilo is a very beautiful model! I can't seem to make harnesses only clothes but need to buy a decent sewing machine as sick of getting sore fingers from hand sewing. You could start your own business :D! x x x
Aww thank you!! :) You should post pictures of the clothes you make. I can't blame you, I don't think I would have the patience for hand sewing! haha

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
So happy u got into sewing. It really is a fun &#55356;&#57225; hobby or side business :) I can't wait to work with leather soon! I'm goin industrial very soon ^_^ did u see the mug I made? Hehe

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Aww thanks! :) I take so many pictures of them, I should probably post some more often. haha

Now you've got me wanting to bust out my sewing machine lol. But I get dizzy looking at that thing. I wouldn't even know where to begin. One project I was thinking about tackling lately is adding Swarovski crystals to some of my dogs buddy belts that don't have them. Just gotta get the tools and figure out what size stones to use. I'll have to post pics of the harnesses and get ideas from you on stone colors to use. That ought to be a simple enough project for me 😍

1 - 20 of 26 Posts