Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok school hasn't started yet...but we have an open house on Sunday...I jsut got my classroom today and it is chaotic. I have books and curriculum from other teachers in my room :? crap in my cabinets...I mean alot of crap....ughhhh

I don't have my curriculum yet, so I can't get started on my lesson plans (which I have no clue how to do) :roll:

All day I have been saying "What have I gotten myself into?"

I feel soooooo unprepared...

Thank goodness their is a department meeting tommorrow which I will address all my probs. I have a list of stuff to ask and get straightened out. On the bright side my class is really big, with a TV/DVD projector/radio alreayd in it....

Did I mention I am freakin out...anybody who is a teacher HELP!!!

Oh yes, let the fun begin... :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Once you have your meeting tomorrow you'll feel better. I have no idea how to do a lesson plan but I'd bet my life there are websites where you can find out.

I think those kids are lucky to have you. You're young, you're smart, you're a warm, friendly person. Heck, you're Gizmo's mommy. You'll do great. :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Wow, you got a job to be a teacher? What grade? What subject will you be teaching?

As for what you'll be teaching....from what I've been told from one of my high school teachers (or atleast the way she put it)...here where I live, they're given a big binder will different things to teach..and the tearcher gets to choose what they want to teach their students.

Anywho, congrats on the job! My brother's b/f will begin his last year of college in a few weeks and he wants to be a middle school science teacher :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
You will be fine - you've just got the "first day of school jitters". :lol: I'm sure they will give you all the info and help you need.

Public schools started in my area today. Can't believe how early school starts now. Used to be after Labor Day. But then they take a lot more holidays now than they used to.

Good luck - let us know how things go.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for your words of support...

Their are state standards...btu as far as the curriculum goes....it's up to me...meaning....their are no set deadlines to meet "X" objective...Public schools have this...

so it is a sucky way to start...most of my answers didn't get answered today so I hopefully can meet with the Principal tommorrow...

I just thought, being aprivate school they had their crap together....guess not....so I'm kinda doing things blindfolded so to speak...

Like one of my fellow teachers said today "welcome to the wonderful world of teaching" :roll:

I just have one thing to say....Teachers should be up their with Doctors, Lawyers, etc. it is NOT EASY...I wish I could go back to all my teachers and apologize...LOL....I was a baaaaad little kid :D

Trying to get by day by day...at least my classroom is starting to look like one :wink:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I wish my mother would've sent me to a private school...I'd definitely want to send my child/children to one :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
A friend of my friend..is starting her 1st year at a Private Middle School. She is just as nervous as you are. She has been going back and forth getting her classroom ready.
I bet even though you are nervous it's got to be kind of exciting! Good Luck :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
SunnyFLMum said:
I just have one thing to say....Teachers should be up their with Doctors, Lawyers, etc. it is NOT EASY...
I agree! Teachers are wayyyy under appreciated, especially good teachers!

I know it's stressful right now but everything will work out! Let us know how the first day goes!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't worry I will post details of my first day.

We have a Open House on Sunday...so at least I get to meet the kids beforehand...that will help me relax on Wed....cuz I already saw most of those faces :D

I am excited...most people think I am nuts to teach middle school....hehehe...

My body hurts sooooo bad from moving boxes, desks, chairs, cabinets, Huge filing cabinets...hanging on the edge of ladders to hang up my posters... :shock:

Geeesh...school hasn't started yet and I am pooped...it's not even 10 pm yet and I am nodding off as I am typing....hehehehe... :sleepy2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts